It’s About the Food. As the largest self-supported food service department in North Texas, UNT Dining Services offers 5 Dining Halls, 20+ retail venues, an upscale dining restaurant, hydroponic garden, central scratch bakery and catering service-all led by professionally-trained chefs and hospitality experts. UNT is recognized as a national leader in university dining due to the department’s innovative, trendsetting approach to food service and award-winning culinary talent. UNT operates Mean Greens Café, the nation’s first 100% vegan collegiate Dining Hall, and also Kitchen West, Texas’ first and only university Dining Hall Certified Free From™ the Big 8 Food Allergens and Gluten by Kitchens with Confidence. In early 2021, UNT opened its first standalone Dining Hall, Eagle Landing, inspired by urban food halls and home to seven unique restaurant concepts, all available for a single Meal Plan swipe. UNT was named No. 2 in the nation as a college with the best food by Delish.com, and is also the recipient of the prestigious Loyal E. Horton Award and Vegan Recipe Award from the National Association of College and University Food Services. As a founding member of the Menus of Change University Research Collaborative, UNT contributes to groundbreaking research on plant-forward diets, food waste reduction and consumer food choices while accelerating the implementation of the Menus of Change Principles of Healthy, Sustainable Menus.
Provides high quality support services to cafeteria managers, Operation Director and the Executive Director of Dining Services. Performs routine duties and services as needed in the following areas: all facets of New Positions, On-Boarding and Off Boarding. Also is responsible for monitoring 100% compliance with Max Student 25 Hour work weeks.
Bachelor’s Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex
nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned
- Supervisory skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
*Bilingual – English/Spanish * Experience with EIS & UNT Hiring Process and Procedures (Handshake, Canvas, and HR Employment interface). * Excellent Customer Service & Outgoing Personality. * Detail Oriented & Strong Organizational Skills.