Open4 is a partnership of community-based organizations and funders who work to connect entrepreneurs and small businesses with the resources, support, and guidance they need. Open4’s goal is to accelerate the launch, growth, and sustainability of small businesses in the greater Buffalo and Rochester region and focuses on businesses owned by women and people of color in underserved, low-and moderate-income neighborhoods. Open4 takes a strategic, ecosystem-building approach by investing in, supporting, and enhancing organizations, including Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and business support organizations (BSOs), that bring resources and expertise to entrepreneurs and small businesses that need it most.
Reporting directly to the UBRI Director and will work closely with the Open 4 Project Management team which operates the Open4 program on behalf of the Open4 funders, the Program Director will be expected to:
• Act as the primary day-to-day contact and prioritization point for all Open4 matters among grantees, funders, Program Management team members, Open4-supported national consultants, and all other stakeholders
• Manage relationships with current and potential Open4 grantees including supporting proposal development process, regularly engaging with grantees to monitor progress against milestones, managing contingencies
• Regularly convene funders, grantees, and other stakeholders to facilitate collaboration and report on progress and challenges; and adjust strategy and direction as required
• Align the work of CDFIs and BSOs to improve referrals and encourage network behavior
• Manage multiple external consultants supporting Open4 including subject matter experts and independent evaluators
• Advance the long-term and broader agenda of the Open4 funders, including scaling the program to include additional grantees, funders, and funding sources
• Ensure responsible use of resources
• Serve as the on-the-ground voice of Open4 with community members and external stakeholders
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.