Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Diversity Administrative Officer (7376U) - 1845 - 1845
University of California Berkeley
Diversity Administrative Officer (7376U) - 1845 - 1845
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance academic and artistic, political and cultural make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 15, 2019
With a full-time faculty of about 160, the Division of Mathematical & Physical Sciences seeks to expand our physical and mathematical understanding of the universe, from its microscopic substructure to its largest structures, from our own Earth to the edge of the universe and the beginning of time. The language used is mathematical. Discovery and understanding advance by the interplay between theory and experiment or observation.
- Implements defined MPS Diversity programs. This includes some of the following functions: finance, facilities, payroll, space planning, human resources, communications, informational technology, event planning and implementation.
- Provides overall support for functions, programs and the organizational unit, including completing with CSS HR forms, etc. for hiring student staff, graduate student assistant/mentors, staff.
- Assists in planning programs and events, invites and tracks participants, creates and monitors budgets, develops relationships with vendors at UCB and partner institutions, organizes housing, meals, and evening events and runs registration tables.
- Provides administrative support for projects by arranging meetings, travel, locations, keeping minutes, and engaging in communications with participants. Updates websites for MPS Diversity.
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes data, and prepares reports. These include financial, student, program participant, research, performance, and other data; prepares reports or analyses of operational activities, participation, student, postdoc, faculty, and administrator engagement and performance in MPS Diversity activities.
- Acquires and maintains lists of prospective participants for outreach and communication, including incoming students who are eligible for MPS Diversity programs.
- Assists in development of strategic market plans for targeted audiences.
- Gathers, compiles, and reviews graduate admissions data from graduate division and departmental admissions databases, develops reports for Assistant Dean, and maintains databases.
- Develops and maintains recruitment databases and disseminates data to campus units.
- Serves as staff coordinator for MPS Diversity and Dean's Taskforces and Initiatives
- Assists with scheduling and coordination of work, minutes and communication, analyses of data, and preparation of reports, currently these include the Math Assessment Project, and the Undergraduate Taskforce.
- Works with students, including 1-1 and group advising, and management of scholarships, student organization budgets, and related activities.
- Develops, prepares and reconciles budgets for all MPS Diversity activities and programs.
- Analyzes expenses and makes projections.
- Fiscal responsibilities consist of knowledge of College and CSS protocols, preparing requisitions and purchase orders, travel and entertainment reimbursements, and expense reports.
- Has general understanding of accounts payable, vendor inquiries, ledger reports, and campus student award system.
- Assesses and recommends changes to maintain compliance with federal and state requirements and internal policies.
- Assists with development of new proposals, including research, writing, preparation of budgets, graphics, data collection and organization, editing, and presentation.
- Serves as single point of contact for all business issues for multiple locations for the Assistant Dean, schedules Assistant Dean's calendar, makes travel arrangements, and is responsible for arranging reimbursements.
- Acts as MPS Diversity primary contact: answers email and phone inquiries.
- Engages in professional development to learn new skills, master new software systems used by MPS Diversity, become familiar with salient new university and funder policies etc.
- Special projects as requested
- Working knowledge or ability to learn of common campus-specific and other computer application programs.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of a variety of administrative operations such as risk management planning, budget creation, financial forecasting.
- Strong skills in short term planning, analysis, problem solving, and customer service.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn UCB procedures and policies.
- Proficiency in developing spreadsheets, charts, and databases.
- Proficiency with Excel, Smartsheet, Adobe.
- Proficient experience using business software systems including MS Office, Adobe Suite Products, Filemaker Pro, and Survey Monkey, Google Drive: Docs, Forms, etc.
- Ability and willingness to rapidly learn new software applications.
- Knowledge of web content management platforms.
- Ability to learn and abide by FERPA and Human Subjects Research -CITI ethical rules of conduct.
- Creativity and technical skills for use in visual and electronic communications.
- Analytical, mathematical/statistical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, and ability to multi-task with demanding time-frames.
- Proficiency in a variety of administrative and technical operations including contracts and grants protocols.
- Highly developed ethical and sound judgment, strong customer service demeanor, positive and flexible attitude, ability to use discretion and maintain strict confidentiality, team-oriented, positive, problem-solving approach in responding to issues and concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1845&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |