The Accounting Department's mission is to insure appropriate and complete billing for services provided to patients seen in the small and large animal hospitals at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University and review and resolve client billing concerns.
What You'll Do
As an Accounting Assitant, responsibilities include:
- Daily auditing of client invoices in our electronic medical record system.
- Review invoices for accuracy and ensuring compliance with hospital policy and procedures.
- Review, verify and process client billing adjustments.
- Daily deposit reconciliations and some collection activity.
- A/R deposits
- Client billing questions and client communication
- Assist Accounting Supervisor on special projects, filing, correspondence, photocopying, scanning documents and other duties as needed.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or the equivalent with one to three years' experience.
- Computerized client billing and payment processing
- Some Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred.
- One to three years' experience in accounts receivable.
- Must be flexible and be able to react quickly to a variety of situations.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision during evening and weekend shifts.
- Must act as a role model for co-workers, students and clinicians, always maintaining a professional attitude and appearance.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
The schedule is Sunday 7am-3pm and Monday-Thursday 12pm-8pm and includes rotating holidays. This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.
Minimum $21.20, Midpoint $25.45, Maximum $29.70
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.