Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Payroll Coordinator (Part-Time 24 Hours/Week)
The Accounting Department is seeking a part-time Payroll Coordinator to support the payroll function within the organization. This role will manage and process the non-exempt payroll and support the Payroll Manager in other payroll functions as needed. This role will audit, process and release payments and ensure continued compliance with Simmons policies/procedures and regulations as appropriate. This role is customer-oriented and the person must be professional and organized in their interactions with colleagues around the University and with external parties. This role requires good organization, follow-through, and attention to details.
- Responsible for end-to-end, timely processing and oversight of the Simmons University non-exempt payroll;
- Process payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting and payroll principles;
- Review payroll inputs entered for approval in Workday, such as:
- Period Activity Pay Assignment
- One-Time Payment
- Review Federal Elections
- Time Entry Approval
Additional Payroll Support
- Review list of direct deposit rejects from ADP and assist employees with necessary corrections;
- Review and submit refund payments received from, ADP, TIAA, various state Unemployment Insurance taxes and Employee to Cashier.
- Work closely with the student employment team to ensure that students are being appropriately set up and paid in a timely fashion;
- Run processes to transmit pay results, garnishments and payroll taxes to third party processor.
Accounting and Audit Support
- Assist employees with general wage payments, such as; direct deposits, employee tax and payroll deduction inquiries;
- Audit payroll deductions and support payments to third parties for benefits and payroll tax obligations.
- On an ongoing basis work with accounting to ensure payroll transactions are processing to the general ledger correctly and that cash activity is recorded;
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding payroll checks to ensure compliance with regulations around abandoned property;
- Work with external auditors to provide support needed for their audit procedure
- Other duties as assigned by members of the payroll or accounting function.
- High school degree required;
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant payroll administration/support experience;
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion and sound judgement;
- Familiarity with Workday is a plus;
- Demonstrated understanding of wage and hourly laws regarding state, federal, and local payroll taxes is a plus.
This position is part-time benefits eligible at 24 hours per week / 3 days a week. This position may be eligible for partial remote work schedule.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Payroll-Coordinator--Part-Time-24-Hours-Week-_R08665
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |