Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1985, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training environment for the veterinary students, interns and residents.
What You'll Do
The Client Service Liaison works as part of an integrated care team to provide high quality administrative support and service to external and internal customers. Responsibilities include scheduling appointments, facilitating communication with referring veterinarians, assisting general information callers, providing patient updates and managing patient records. Specific allocation of responsibilities may change depending upon the needs of the hospital.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Exceptional communication skills (both in person and by telephone)
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within a busy clinical setting.
- Ability to effectively work as a positive member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals.
- Pride in maintaining assigned areas in a hospital environment.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn the electronic medical record system. Able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study.
- 3 -5 years of customer service experience, particularly in the fields of veterinary or human medicine.
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician or CVT degree.
- Certifications in leadership development and/or client service areas.
- Exceptional Client Service Awards and/or acknowledgments.
- Knowledge of medical/veterinary terminology.
- Experience in the Animal or Veterinary Industry.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This position may be required to work a different schedule to cover team vacation/sick time.
- This position will provide holiday and weekend on-call coverage at the Switchboard on a rotating basis.
- Some alternate hours may be required for shift coverage, meeting attendance or training sessions.
- This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity