Biology & Biotechnology - NFR JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Nechipurenko lab at WPI is looking for a highly motivated individual to join as a full-time Research Associate. The lab research focuses on assembly and function of primary cilia in neurons.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to setting up the new lab and participate in lab organizational matters including ordering supplies, organizing reagent databases, making buffers and stock solutions, and overseeing maintenance of C. elegans and Drosophila strain collections;
- Perform molecular biology experiments such as PCR and plasmid construction
- Carry out genetic crosses
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Biology or a related field
- Strong communication, organization, and record keeping skills
- Molecular biology experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals
- A minimum two-year commitment with the possibility of a long-term position
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please include a curriculum vitae and contact information for three references with your application.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Research-Technician_R0000911
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.