Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Warehouse Operations Manager, Campus Operations
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Facilities Department
at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Warehouse Operations Manager
. The University relies on its Stores operation to supply needed parts and equipment to a variety of customers including our operational teams to operate and maintain our three campuses. In this position, you will be a leader and subject matter expert (SME
) within University Facilities. You are a strategic thinker who is highly proficient in developing strategies, setting goals and allocating resources. The ideal candidate will be process-minded, a strong communicator and customer focused as you will be interacting with all levels of Facilities team members and management. You will interact professionally with all members of the University community as well as external contractors, design professionals, regulatory agencies, state and federal representatives and the public.
This role requires providing consultation and guidance to Facilities Operations leadership in areas related to overall operational performance and the scheduling of work. The Warehouse Operations Manager will outline opportunities for improvements and develop action plans along with a timeline for implementation to complete such improvements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, inventory/supply-chain management, and distribution operations leading a team of approximately 15 individuals to operate a high-functioning warehouse operation, utilizing modern supply chain management techniques
- Implement operational policies and procedures for process improvement and to enhance the unit’s effectiveness, working collaboratively with Facilities Finance and University Procurement to ensure procurement policies and procedures are followed and work is performed efficiently
- Develop and implement internal procedures which provide a positive customer experience Acts as the department liaison for interactions with customers and campus partners
- Perform detailed audits and record inspection of materials; and maintains documentation and accurate records of warehouse activities
- Manage human resource functions including hiring, team member performance development, staffing plans, resource tracking, scheduling, training, and other coordination initiatives as assigned. Coach and develop others to higher levels of performance
- Continuously review, implement, and modify internal policies, procedures and processes to (a) improve efficiency, accuracy and standardization of internal operations; (b) align and integrate budgeting, accounting and procurement functions and records; © ensure compliance with State and campus directives and (d) reduce financial loss and risk
- Develops and provides a pro-active “culture of safety”
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years of directly relatable experience, one year being in a managerial role.
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and professional experience will be considered.
- A bachelor’s degree in a closely related field and 3 years of professional experience in asset management and inventory/supply-chain management
- Experience working in a college or university setting
- Familiarity with the Kanban inventory management system
- Experience with project and work scheduling and just-in-time delivery of materials
- The ideal candidate will be someone that is dependable, organized, strategic, flexible with work tasks, detail-oriented, and is an effective manager. The preferred candidate should be an individual that strives to build teamwork and has a strong desire to coach and mentor team members to succeed.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |