Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Chief of Staff
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Executive Administrator provides high level professional and confidential administration for the Office of the President. This position interacts closely with WPI's senior leadership, as well as with WPI faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, and corporate and foundation executives. The role requires expert client service, utmost discretion, and strong discernment and judgment. The incumbent will report to the Executive Director for the President's Office & Board Operations and will work closely with the Presidential Events and House Manager.
- Manage the calendars of the President and VP, Chief of Staff. Book, manage, and reconcile travel arrangements and expenses. Thoughtfully prepare briefing materials for President's meeting and travel engagements.
- Oversee expense reporting for President and VP, Chief of Staff. Complete all reports in a timely manner with the utmost care to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings for the President and/or VP, Chief of Staff, and manage the use of the President's Conference room. Arrange catering and technology support as necessary.
- With the Executive Director, provide excellent client support to members of the Board of Trustees, and maintain daily operations of the Office of the President. Respond appropriately and professionally to all inquiries.
- Serve as the receptionist for the Office of the President, greeting guests and creating a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, and appropriately direct inquiries.
- Contract vendors to order and maintain office supplies, and ensure equipment is in working order.
- Manage document retention system including paper and electronic filing.
- Process expense reports, P-card administration, invoices and other budgetary needs.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Produce, process and record all necessary correspondence, contract, and reservation forms and telephone calls.
- Perform related duties as necessary to support the Office of the President.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Three years' experience as an administrative assistant at an executive level.
- Positive attitude, mental agility, intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong personal and professional integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain professional discretion in order to comply with instructions, procedures, standards, policies, laws, and theories that are obtained within the organization.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Executive-Administrator_R0000429
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |