Works directly with the Financial Aid Manager in the coordination and implementation of the expansion of the Golden Promise Program at Golden West College. Coordinates and provides training for the Financial Aid Office staff; provides student financial aid outreach, reporting and tracking of results, along with other related duties.
This is a Professional Expert position to provide support for the Golden Promise Program at Golden West College. The Professional Expert will serve as a subject matter expert related to the Golden Promise Program and procedures in accordance with federal and state regulations. Under direction of the Financial Aid Manager, this position will primarily support the expansion of our Golden Promise Program by outreaching and recruiting in the community and in-reaching to our current students on campus. This position will also serve as a liaison with local high schools to answer questions, aid with FAFSA and paperwork submissions, organize informational events, recruit and enroll students in the Golden Promise Program.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Supports College Outreach team with scheduling, coordinating, and presenting information related to Golden Promise Program and high school students, including general college information to prospective students at local area high schools, community organizations, on-campus events, and other locations.
* Assists as liaison with community groups and college to promote and grow Golden Promise Program
* Proactively contacts students with incomplete or missing information to submit the necessary forms to maintain program eligibility.
* Provides subject matter expert support to Financial Aid staff so they can assist with researching, interpreting, clarifying, and resolving a variety of problems dealing with, but not limited to, FAFSA, form submission, satisfactory academic progress, and program requirements.
* Creates reports and presentations on Golden Promise programs development update internal and external stakeholders, Including quarterly reports.
* Serves as a point of contact for the college with current and prospective students and area high schools.
* Works with the Bookstore on campus to administer the textbook component of the program.
* Coordinates with the Admissions and Records department to administer the free tuition and college fees of the program.
* Performs other duties as assigned.