The Office Assistant 2 position is responsible for a significant portion of the business, clerical, and supervisory functions of the Oral Biology department office within the School of Dental Medicine.
Reporting to the Assistant to the Chair, the OA2's responsibilities include:
* Administration and maintenance of the department's State Operating Account
* Maintenance of most of the faculty research accounts (RF and UBF)
* Submission of all research funding proposals
* Tracking of facility maintenance issues, and oversight of most of the day-to-day office functions (shipping, receiving, invoicing, fielding inquires, equipment repair/maintenance, etc.).
* Supervise Office Assistants and Student Assistants, who help with duties listed above.
* Tracks and evaluates usage of annual Contractual Services in order to properly encumber funds.
* Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources, including those from within the department, the school, the university, and external agencies (e.g., research sponsors, contractors, etc.).
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.