The primary responsibility of the position is to provide professional consultation, assistance, and support to university faculty who design, develop, and deliver online courses. Duties include, but are not limited to: Managing online course development; Communicating regularly with instructors to guide them through the process of online course development; Maintaining knowledge of instructional design as well as best practices in the delivery of online instruction; Demonstrating skill in managing project tasks and meeting deadlines; and Demonstrating mastery of a variety of instructional technologies.
Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field and three years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of learning and instructional design theories.
- Working knowledge of college level courseware and ability to apply that understanding to course development.
- Ability to design, develop, and implement instructional multimedia products.
- Demonstrated skill in application of current technologies (desktop applications, internet, multimedia).
- Ability to apply proficient writing skills to author courseware.
- Knowledge of Fair Use and copyright issues that apply to online course delivery.