Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Desktop Support Analyst
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Senior Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for providing expert level desktop support/administration for end user devices in a complex enterprise environment. This role requires strong technical knowledge, exceptional customer service aptitude, and outstanding attention to detail. The Senior Analyst will work with a support team responsible for providing advanced end user device technical support, including applications administration, in support of University business units, computing sites, and classrooms.
The incumbent’s primary duties are:
- Work as a member of a team in Windows and MacOS environments providing technical support for client workstations and related technology devices.
- Provide support for department hardware and software life cycles by assisting customers with inventory and purchasing.
- Recommend and implement appropriate changes to increase system security.
- Identify opportunities for process, systems, and application improvements.
- Provide end-user assistance involving analysis, identification of problem or need, implementing solutions, and required system adaptations.
- Perform operating system and application package upgrades, installations, and reconfiguration in support of development and production services.
- Assist colleagues with technical issues as needed to foster knowledge transfer and skills development.
- Provide expert technical knowledge and advice, including installation, testing, and evaluation of new software, monitoring, and support of systems.
It is a great time to join UB Information Technology
)! Our staff are highly skilled and motivated to succeed and have cutting-edge training and technical resources at their disposal. For more information about UBIT
visit our website
. All the duties & responsibilities listed above continue to occur in a 24×7 environment, therefore, working extended hours, holidays, or varied hours may be required.
In addition to professional growth opportunities, UBIT
staff have access to benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal, and academic to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with 3 years of direct technical support experience OR master’s degree in a technical field with 1 year direct technical support experience; Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Practical knowledge of MS-Active Directory, Group Policy and Endpoint devices management
- Experience developing management/monitoring scripts using Windows PowerShell, VB Script, or Python
- Direct customer support experience in a call center or field services capacity
- Experience supporting Windows and MacOS workstations
- Demonstrated proficiency to diagnose problems and perform maintenance on personal computers, notebook computers, wireless devices, application software and operating systems
- Experience implementing secure computing technologies and practices (anti-virus, firewalls, security polices, automated patching, group policy, file system permissions) as defined by the University
- Experience with SCCM, JAMF, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience supporting SaaS in an enterprise environment
- Experience supporting MS365 applications and environment
- Familiarity with DNS, TCP/IP, and Network Services
- Experience supporting end users in an educational or higher ed environment
Must be able to lift and move computer and related equipment weighing up to 25lbs with or without use of a dolly or cart.
Salary Range$70,000 - $84,000
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |