Job Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer (full-time)
*Salary Range: *Commensurate with experience
Department: Physical Education, Athletics & Recreation
Reports to: Assistant Director of Athletics for Sports Medicine and Student-Athlete Wellness
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and institution as well as the rules and regulations of the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) and MAC Freedom Conference, the NCAA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Provide medical coverage for assigned home varsity events and practices as directed.
- Ensure that all student-athletes have received proper medical clearance at the beginning of each academic year through completion of appropriate annual medical forms.
- Assess student-athletes and administer preventative and post-injury treatments/rehabilitation of assigned teams as needed throughout the year; assess needs and perform emergency first aid techniques to assigned injured student-athletes as needed.
- Work in conjunction with sports medicine staff to manage the inventory of equipment and supplies. In addition, oversee maintenance of all equipment and ensure that it is in good working order.
- Have a working knowledge of Stevens’ health insurance, and excess department insurance plan.
- Collaborate with team physicians for off campus appointments, evaluation, diagnostic testing, rehabilitation, and medical clearance.
- Assist in evaluating if environmental conditions are safe for intercollegiate sport competition.
- Assist in the supervision and instruction of work study students who are employed in the sports medicine office.
- Collaborate with Campus Health Services, dietitian, Strength and Conditioning, and Counseling and Psychological Services concerning any student-athlete health issues and maintain strong and open communication.
- Maintain up-to-date injury documentation and treatment records.
- Regular day, early morning, evening, and weekend hours are required. Some travel is involved with various teams as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Administrative Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service education sessions, and other divisional or departmental meetings.
- Participate in department initiatives, programs, and committees as required.
- Represent the department on Stevens campus wide committees and at meetings as necessary.
- Complete all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participate in available professional development opportunities.
- Perform in-service training and drills to help educate and further staff development.
- Maintain required New Jersey Athletic Training Licensure and remain in good standing with the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers by maintaining required continuing education requirements.
- Act as Liaison for general medicine team physician. Direct communication with the team physician for scheduling clinic date/time, reviewing injury and/or illness status and updating injury management protocols.
- Assist in managing the Sports Medicine Office’s social media accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience at a college level preferred.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Must be willing to work early morning, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- BOC and CPR/AED certification required; New Jersey state licensure preferred.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSFa ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Sports Medicine Office
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact mailto:Jobs@Stevens.eduJobs@Stevens.edu
<span style="font-size:10pxEEO Statement:
<span style="font-size:10pxStevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
<span style="font-size:10pxStevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
<span style="font-size:10pxJeanne Clery Disclosure:
<span style="font-size:10pxIn accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://jeanne%20clery%20disclosure:%20in%20accordance%20with%20the%20jeanne%20clery%20disclosure%20of%20campus%20security%20policy%20and%20campus%20crime%20statistics%20act%20%28clery%20act%29%2C%20the%20department%20of%20public%20safety%20is%20required%20to%20publish%20an%20annual%20security%20report%20which%20includes%20statistics%20mandated%20by%20the%20clery%20act.%20you%20can%20obtain%20a%20copy%20of%20this%20report%20by%20accessing%20the%20following%20web%20site:%20http//www.stevens.edu/sit/police<span class=" WJJO http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police