Custodian (Night Shift) 2
: Staff - Full-Time
Under the direction of Custodial Services, this position performs custodial maintenance duties including dusting, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, and cleaning and restocking restrooms. Also implements the safe use of hazardous chemicals and products and their disposal, the safe and proper way to handle blood and body fluid cleanup.
Schedule for this position is Monday - Friday 4:30 p.m. to 1:15 a.m.
Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent AND any combination of post high school education and/or full-time paid experience related to the summary of duties, totaling six months.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of proper use and disposal of hazardous chemicals and products.
- Knowledge of body fluid cleanup and proper protection.
- Knowledge of proper radio communications.
- Knowledge of pest control.
- Knowledge of all floor types, such as terrazzo, cement, wood, vinyl, and ceramic tile as well as carpet fibers, weaves, and backings.
- Skills Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to withstand strenuous and adverse working conditions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform skilled custodial duties, equipment maintenance, and minor plumbing.
-Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. -Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
-Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
-Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$18,720 to $23,400 annually
STA122518 Custodial Staff 11/16/2018
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please list a minimum of one reference. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/9878
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.