Position Title: Windows Systems Administrator Department: Office of Information Technology
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University Becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal Windows Systems Administrator will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
The primary focus of this position is to perform daily enterprise-wide server administration tasks and provide tier 3 escalation support for enterprise systems and services on the Microsoft Windows Server platform, including but not limited to monitoring and maintaining Office 365 services, hybrid infrastructure including Azure Active Directory sync, applications, and related technologies. In addition, demonstrate in day-to-day work adherence to security best practices for identity asset management.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, testing, management, maintenance, monitoring and support of Windows based servers, Unix, NetApp Storage, VMware, SQL databases, and Active Directory
- Maintain DNS, DHCP, ADS, DFS, Email services in the Cloud and Endpoint Security (Antivirus etc.)
- Maintain and support as well as troubleshoot application, network, server and desktop (tier 3 support) issues across platforms.
- Collaborates with other IT staff to resolve tier 3 support issues.
- Manages workflows to include installing new software releases, server patching, backups and storage management.
- Develop and maintain system procedures and technical documentation for applying patches to major subsystems and services, roles, and filesystem components within a Windows Systems environment and perform operating system and patch testing on all changes prior to installation.
- Support and maintain Identity Asset Management (IAM).
- Provide Intune Administration and configuration
- Monitor and maintain Office 365 services, performing root cause analysis to prevent recurring issues and troubleshoot email authentication to detect email spoofing.
- Maintain and support third party applications such as ProofPoint, DLP, Self-Service Password Reset, etc.
- Conduct post-incident investigations to identify root cause and propose corrective actions for preventing hardware or software failures
- Implement enhancements to optimize system performance as well as write system scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Manage and deploy Compute, Storage and Virtualization technologies in support of the University’s strategic teaching, research, and business objectives.
- Perform regular audits of Systems performance and technology services access.
- Collaborate with CIO to implement end-user security education programs around compliance and social engineering cyber attacks.
- May perform other duties as assigned by the CIO
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, attentiveness to detail, patience, diplomacy, customer service and strong analytical abilities
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to learn and understand complex topics
- Knowledge and experience with various cloud technologies
A bachelors degree in computer science, computer programming, computer engineering or a related discipline or combined work experience(s), training, certification(s) equivalent.
Minimum 5 years of experience with Windows OS, Unix/Linux
Minimum 5 years of experience with VMware hosts, MySQL, and Active Directory
Working knowledge of current security best practices and trends in (IAM)
Minimum 3 years experience utilizing a desktop management and application delivery program such as SCCM Minimum 5 years of experience in Higher Education setting
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Commensurate with education, training and experience
Additional Position Information:
This position requires the ability to work flexible hours as required including weekend and after hours during campus outages or maintenance periods
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a background check.