The Institute for Myelin and Glia Exploration is seeking a technician to assist with daily laboratory activities. This is a junior level assistant/research position in direct technical support of specific projects. The selected candidate is expected to perform a variety of routine tasks under the direct supervision of the senior laboratory personnel. Responsibilities Include:
* Performing DNA extraction, PCR and gel electrophoresis
* Contribute to management of transgenic mouse colony
* Caretaking, breeding, and genotyping of mice.
* Preparing common solutions
* Maintaining lab inventory, purchasing
* Cleaning and sterilization of material, coordinating disposal of hazardous waste
* Assist in primary cell culture
* Performing mycoplasma testing
* Processing of tissue for histology and biochemical analysis
* Bright field, fluorescent and electron microscopy
* Data analysis and quantification
* Studying multiple sclerosis, under the supervision of a postdoctoral fellow and the laboratory PI.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
About UBThe University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://www.buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.