Development Associate (Foundation Funded FT)
Development Associate (Foundation Funded FT)
CCAC Educational Foundation
: Office of College Services
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 8, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Admin 13 - $46,989
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Organizes and manages the Foundation Office; Performs advanced administrative functions for the CEO; Responsible for developing marketing and communications materials for the Educational Foundation; Utilizes Raiser's Edge software. Works under limited supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Bachelor's degree; Minimum of 2 years experience in responsible administrative position; excellent writing, communication and organization skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to work under limited supervision. Experience with nonprofit management or fundraising strongly preferred. Experience with and/or knowledge of Raiser's Edge. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
1. Provide day-to-day oversight for the administration of the Educational Foundation Office; screen calls, visitors and mail; maintain appointment schedules and calendars; arrange meetings and conferences. Assist in the development and refining of office policies and protocols for effectiveness, efficiency and quality; interact with co-workers to assist in problem solving; train staff in office methods and procedures.
2. Perform a wide-variety of complex, responsible and confidential functions for the CEO and the Foundation Office including but not limited to accounting administration, donor contributions and reports, and adherence to Foundation policies and procedures.
3. Manage the daily gift receipt, processing, and acknowledgment, and record-keeping process in coordination with other Foundation staff.
4. Develop marketing and promotional materials to promote the Foundation. Create correspondence, speeches, articles and other written materials; develop marketing materials and ideas; coordinate with Marketing Department for events and promotional materials; develop and update Foundation web and social media presence and assist in departmental mailings.
5. Provide integral input and assistance with all special events including luncheons, meetings and receptions, foundation gala and annual golf tournament. Manage auction for all special events; prepare mailing lists and work with mailing house for invitation mailings; proofread and prepare copy for programs, invitations and other event materials; write speeches and additional remarks for all event speakers
6. Assist the CEO in serving as a liaison to the Foundation Board of Directors; prepare agendas, board packets, schedule meetings and assemble background materials for board meetings and board committee meetings. Attend and serve as needed at board meetings and board committee meetings.
7. Arrange meetings and interact with high-level executives and community leaders on a daily basis to further the goals and objectives of the Educational Foundation.
8. Ensure ongoing alignment with organizational strategy, budget, financial and regulatory imperatives. Participate and assist in the management of the departmental budget; recommend expenditure requests for designated accounts. Perform accounting functions related to accounts payable or receivables.
9. Oversee and manage donor records system (paper and electronic) utilizing Raiser's Edge; provide advanced level of guidance and support to other Raiser's Edge users. Provide reports for the CEO or other staff when requested, and assure that reports and reminders are sent to donors regarding status and use of their contributions.
10. Initiate and maintain a variety of files and records; order and purchase supplies and catering for the department.
11. Plan, assign and supervise the work of volunteers and work-study students.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=521&site=3