Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Don't want to subscribe? That's OK too!
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Lead of Admissions Operations
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Senior Lead of Admissions Operations
will provide leadership and innovation to manage the successful operations and administrative processes for the Graduate School of Education
) Office of Graduate Admission, and will report to the Director of Enrollment Operations and Student Services. The Senior Lead
utilizes Customer Relationship Management (CRM
) and other integrated systems to ensure the efficiency of all aspects of admissions operations including application completion, faculty admission decision-making and related processes. The Senior Lead
audits data to ensure efficiency, timeliness, and accuracy of all processes related to graduate admissions operations, recruitment, and communication through our CRM
. Through close collaboration with the Assistant Dean, Director, admission staff, departments across GSE
, and the centralized Graduate Enrollment Services unit, the Senior Lead will ensure effective and efficient processes and systems are in place to carry out the day-to-day operations of the office.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Monitors daily office activities to ensure exceptional customer service to all relevant stakeholders.
- In close collaboration with the Director of Enrollment Operations and Student Services, establishing and implementing operational workflow improvements, and in the documentation of processes and workflows for the Admissions Operations Team.
- Develop baseline knowledge about GSE and its academic programs; develop understanding of types of questions that should be answered directly and which should be referred to a higher level.
- Maintain awareness of system upgrades and enhancements; act as designated Slate Lead for Graduate School of Education. Active participant in the Slate community of users to identify best practices, trends, and new opportunities for workflow and system enhancements to streamline processes and increase effectiveness of the tool.
- Prepares the online application for each new enrollment cycle. Proactively test, audit and troubleshoot the online application, queries, forms, and GSE-specific workflows to ensure problems are identified proactively and resolved quickly.
- Keep informed of changing admission policies; attend training sessions and staff meetings.
- Perform regular and ad hoc audits of the various systems, workflows, and applications to ensure data integrity is upheld and to make recommendations for improvements based on current needs and best practices.
- Assist with training new staff on the operational protocol and procedures within the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- In close collaboration with the Assistant Directors, responsible for the oversight and management of the Office of Graduate Admissions email accounts to ensure all inquiries are answered quickly or routed forward as appropriate; responding to basic questions and referring higher-level questions to appropriate staff.
- Participate in phone calling campaigns, on-campus, online, and/or off-campus recruitment events, which may require work outside of regular business hours. Some travel may be required.
- Serve as the formal supervisor to the operations staff and work-study students, providing continuous mentorship, training, and clear work direction and priority-setting.
- Work closely with admissions staff, communications staff, and GSE faculty to ensure admissions and admissions-related information is accurate and transparent across all communication platforms.
- Coordination of mail processing and coverage of office telephone lines.
- Serve as a general member of the admission staff in providing support for application processing, review, and participation in recruitment initiatives and events.
- Assist with other operational/administrative tasks as needed.
The Office of Graduate Admission seeks to meet and/or exceed specified enrollment goals by identifying, recruiting, and yielding the highest quality students whose personal, professional, and academic goals align with the core purpose of the Graduate School of Education-to inform and prepare a profession to positively shape human development, education, and the information environment in local, national, and global contexts.About the Graduate School of Education
The Graduate School of Education
is a community of researchers, learners and professionals focused on big ideas and actions that result in state-of-the-art solutions to the most pressing education problems facing our world today. Our faculty and students form innovative collaborations and are engaged in research resulting in the discovery of new and cutting-edge learning experiences that move education forward. Their efforts are making an extraordinary impact in Buffalo and beyond. Our community embraces the need for change inside and outside our walls, securing our position as bold change-agents in education.
- One of 13 schools at the University at Buffalo (a Research 1 member of the AAU), the Graduate School of Education is comprised of four departments offering eighty-five graduate programs, twenty-two advanced certificates, four undergraduate minors, one combined degree program featuring fourteen disciplines and seven centers and institutes.
- We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, just and equitable community of faculty, students, staff and administrators where all feel welcomed, included, supported and empowered. Cultivating such an environment is essential to our roles as educators, scholars and leaders within our professions and communities.
- Our award-winning faculty are engaged in groundbreaking research in a wide range of educational issues. Since 1931, over 20,000 students have graduated and moved on to successful careers as university presidents and administrators, principals, superintendents, psychologists, counselors, information specialists, librarians, teachers, faculty and outstanding researchers all around the world.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years relevant work experience
- Ability to quickly learn and use University and external technology, including but not limited to Slate and Adobe CMS.
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills, team and collaboration skills, and able to work with a variety of stakeholders, including faculty, staff and College leadership.
- Commitment to equity, diversity, justice, and inclusion, with a demonstrated understanding of working with under-represented and historically marginalized populations.
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet strict deadlines.
- Business acumen, ethical behavior, problem-solving with minimal direction, ability to deliver high quality work in a timely manner.
- Proven hands-on, functional proficiency in CRM administration including but not limited to management, programming, coding, querying, and analyzing information.
- Master’s degree in relevant disciplines like higher education administration, or business administration.
- Proven hands-on administrative expertise in Slate or equivalent CRM tool for higher education.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |