Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Close/First Review Date: 10/08/2023
Campus Location: Evergreen Valley College
The Outreach/Recruitment Specialist reports to the Director of Outreach & Recruitment, Enrollment Services at Evergreen Valley College. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA), Chapter 363.
Under the direction of the appropriate administrator, markets all college programs to prospective students via school visits, corporate calls, community and educational events; develops strategies and contacts for the promotion of the college; and provides support in pre-counseling and follow-up activities relating to individual students. General supervision is provided by a Dean or higher level management personnel. Responsibilities may include providing training and technical or functional direction to hourly recruiters and student assistants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Recruit students from corporate and educational institutions for all college recruitment-related data regarding the potential student population.
2. Coordinate with academic staff, student organizations and alumni to involve such individuals in their recruitment function.
3. Participate in the development, planning and implementation of recruitment marketing strategies to increase awareness of the college to potential students.
4. Design promotional recruitment materials to be utilized departmentally and college-wide.
5. Research and recommend innovative recruitment opportunities.
6. Represent the college at community and outside organization functions including career days, special events and conferences.
7. Meet with educational administrators, counselors and teachers to exchange information and answer questions.
8. Prepare and deliver oral presentations regarding college academic programs and support services.
9. Advise current and potential students regarding college preparation and entrance requirements.
10. Explain and recommend alternative strategies and programs.
11. Explain policies and eligibility criteria for the college student support programs such as financial aid.
12. Initiate and coordinate recruitment activities with those of other colleges, schools, departments, outside agencies and organizations.
13. Maintain on-going relationships with all feeder high schools and religious and minority communities.
14. Confer with and provide staff assistance and advice to higher level administrative management staff.
15. May advise deans, program directors of marketability of programs and curriculum.
16. Develop, prepare and present recommendations and reports as requested.
17. Assist in developing, planning and implementing goals and objectives as well as procedures related to educational relations, programs and activities.
18. Coordinate recruitment, testing, admissions, and counseling to ensure effective intake process for potential and identified students.
19. Identify and recruit students who are eligible for special program services.
20. Explain program services as well as academic programs and related administrative procedures.
21. Assist students in making applications.
22. Monitor student progress and standing.
23. Assist and advise students as necessary.
24. Attend meetings, conferences and other related events which target potential students.
25. Act as college liaison to high schools and other educational institutions, as well as corporate, community and governmental organizations.
26. Prepare and conduct program-specific and general college orientation, workshops, college information days, campus tours and visitations.
27. Research new sources of under-represented minority students and identify new strategies for recruitment.
28. Monitor budget expenditures within assigned fund allocations.
29. Perform other duties reasonably related to the job classification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of:
1. College programs, schedules, admissions and academic requirements.
2. Methods and techniques of educational program marketing.
3. Techniques of student recruitment, program development, and evaluation.
4. Methods and techniques of academic advising; principles of effective public relations.
5. Assessing, planning and implementing a comprehensive recruitment program.
6. Effectively recruiting students for, explaining and marketing college academic programs.
1. Identify and follow up on new recruitment and marketing strategies and contacts.
2. Interpret and apply District and program policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
3. Prepare, analyze and implement appropriate recommendations related to college recruitment activities.
4. Evaluate and advise students on a variety of academic matters and supportive needs.
5. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
6. Maintain a flexible schedule which may include evening and weekend work.
7. Work independently and exercise good judgment.
8. Utilize language skills to read and interpret college and program curriculum and governmental regulations; respond to inquiries or complaints from program participants, community agencies or the public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and one year related experience and/or training in marketing and student recruitment programs; or three years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
License or Certificate:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a California drivers license.
- Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
- Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the Districts hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
$67,877 - $82,851 Annual Salary (Range 89: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2022-2023). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 20 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |