Customer Relationship Manager
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0627100 - IT Service and Delivery
Manage and lead technical team to provide responsive and consultative desktop support to students, faculty, staff, and other entities across campus. Serve as liaison between department, service teams and customer to ensure that response times meet departmental and University service standards. Support students, faculty, and staff and other entities that require desktop or technical support.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Monitor inventory, classroom infrastructure/equipment upgrades and methodology
- Develop and deliver Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to assigned customers along with monitoring to ensure response times are met
- Work with colleagues to develop a training plan for technical staff to include FT and student worker
- Set team work schedules
- Assign tasks
- Set expectations for serving customers and timelines/deadlines
- Manage special projects and technical requests submitted by University customers
- Supervise support technicians who provide desktop support for hardware, software, peripherals, and various services across the Windows and Macintosh operating systems including, but not limited to: installation, configuration, troubleshooting, consultation, and training
- Manage documentation of all reported issues
- Collaborate with other support teams to ensure response times within service level agreements are reached
- Promote environment of outstanding customer service among team members and the University population
- Act in a consultative role for customers to understand specific application requests and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations
- Required on-call
- Monitor, track and resolve tickets assigned to support area queue
Manage a team of full time IT technical support specialists
- Manage team of students to supplement delivery of services and face-to-face support
- Evaluate and hire new staff members
- May act as technical lead and/or project manager on special projects or technical requests submitted by customers
- Deploy software
- Maintain and install lab machines
Other Required Qualifications
- A+; Netplus certification- must be required within the first six (6) months of employment
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Familiarity with regulatory policies and procedures such as HIPAA, PCI, and FERPA
- Five (5) years of experience
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Three (3) years experience in a higher education environment
- Experience with Enterprise and/or Line-Of-Business applications
- Experience with Higher Education Auxiliary Enterprises (Retail Services, Dining, Card Services, Parking and Transportation), Life Safety, University Housing, Student Health Services, Facility Services, Controllers/Financials, and Human Resources
$50,000 - $60,000
Required Documents to Attach
Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Respond quickly to customer issues, learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to multi-task and use independent judgment
- Manage competing demands and adapt to frequent changes
- Learn and adapt to new technologies and interpret to provide solutions for customer needs or issues
- Remain current on technology changes to respond quickly to customer issues
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Knowledge of Divisional application servers and information systems installed; understand risk, recommend preventive measures and respond to incidents
- Knowledge of various hardware and software systems, integrated systems, and event driven programs
- Understand how to resolve client/server computing issue
Apply Before Date
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional environment
- Proven experience in IT operations
- Must be highly analytical, have a passion for details, and capable of translating analytical insights into action
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team of cross-functional environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, address issues quickly and professionally, and meet deadlines
January 29, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment
- May be required to sit for long periods of time
- May be required to climb ladder
- Ability to work on call after hours
- Work extends beyond the normal 40-hour work week including nights and weekends
- Required to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously under pressure of deadlines and working in a fast paced information technology environment
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=223077&PostingSeq=1