Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Outreach & Enrollment Specialist (4509U) - 27443 - 1092
University of California, Berkeley
Outreach & Enrollment Specialist (4509U) - 27443 - 1092
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2019
UC Berkeley Extension is the continuing education branch of the University of California, Berkeley. Extension offers more than 2,000 courses per year in a variety of subjects both online and in the classroom. Extension's administrative departments and units include student records (transcripts), registration, scheduling, international student services, facilities, financial services, and the cashier's office. In addition to the main Berkeley center, it has responsibility for the maintenance and operation of regional centers in San Francisco (Spear Street), and Belmont and other leased facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Recruitment and Outreach:
- Plans visits to schools and universities, schedules and makes presentations, interviews, and follow-up visits. Recruits students overseas, including attendance at fairs and agent and university partner events.
- Acts as an ambassador of UC Berkeley when recruiting overseas. Serves as liaison between students, parents, colleges/universities, agencies, and UC Berkeley Extension.
- Hosts virtual recruitment events for prospective students including information sessions, program-specific webinars and one-to-one meetings.
- Coordinates and implements events and high-level partner visits to enhance recruitment and yield, under the guidance of supervisor.
- Provides support across the Global Outreach team including but not limited to Salesforce data entry and reporting, and administrative assistance with MOUs and contracts.
- Designs and executes a global alumni strategy including development of an ambassador program, collection of student testimonials for web and social media channels, and coordination of alumni events.
Admissions and Enrollment Management:
- Identifies potential students, and provides information about higher education generally and UC Berkeley specifically.
- Develops relationships with prospects as the first point of contact to the university and Extension's international programs.
- Provides program information, answers questions and engages in proactive discussions to discover prospects needs and interests.
- Maintains and tracks prospects from lead to conversion on Salesforce and related enrollment management database.
- Provides in-depth information on admissions requirements, prerequisite courses, school/college programs and curricula, specific financial aid criteria, and career opportunities.
- Advises prospects on necessary academic and application preparation; appropriateness of program as it pertains to the prospective applicants' goals; utilizing in-depth knowledge of the organization's admissions criteria and program requirement
- Offers advising support and excellent customer service to prospects throughout the pipeline; responds to student inquiries via email, phone, one to one virtual meetings and webinars.
- Assesses academic preparedness of traditional, special-program, and international applicants.
- Exercises professional judgment in reviewing, evaluating, and recommending applicants for admission using established guidelines.
- Evaluates transcripts and international records for eligibility.
- Researches foreign educational systems as needed and analyzes academic records from foreign secondary and tertiary institutions (including study abroad records).
- Assesses applicants for motivation, initiative, leadership potential, work/life experience, extracurricular activities, socioeconomic status, disability, and educational/personal hardship.
- Serves as liaison between students, parents, colleges/universities, community agencies, and UC Berkeley college/school/department.
- Using extensive knowledge of college/school/department requirements and applicant pool, assesses the applicants' overall record and experience for final admissions determination and recommendation.
- Screens applicants for school/college/department faculty.
- Uses professional judgment when reviewing complex applications for admission.
- Produces special and annual reports, and program evaluations.
- Performs course-by-course evaluations for transfer credits.
- Plans, manages and implements events to enhance recruitment and yield, including Cal Day, diversity initiative events, mentoring programs, electronic communications, and similar activities.
- Assesses effectiveness in attracting quality students to UC Berkeley.
- Thorough knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations, and other institutions.
- Ability to develop recruitment programs, and design effective materials.
- Working knowledge of recruitment and student services for international students.
- Ability to represent UC Berkeley Extension's international programs at events, communicating effectively in print, web, email and orally, over the phone, during virtual meetings and in-person.
- Experience communicating effectively with students who speak English as a second language.
- Ability to assess and anticipate student needs.
- Ability to communicate university policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated diplomacy skills and political acumen.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively on a team.
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative and work independently, as needed.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- At least 3-5 years experience recruiting students for a US university.
- At least 3 years of admissions and enrollment management experience.
- Master's degree in related area strongly preferred.
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs, at colleges/universities and specifically at UC Berkeley, and/or specific colleges and schools.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 12-month, full-time, temporary (contract) position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1092&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |