The University at Buffalo’s Speech-Language & Hearing Clinic is the training facility for students who are majoring in Speech Pathology and Audiology in the Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences. We provide services for hundreds of Western New York residents each year.
The Office Assistant is required to work a substantial amount with customers, students and faculty. In addition, the incumbent works with forms, customer files/records, and scheduling. In addition:
- You will have constant communication with various individuals, in order to field questions, convey information, and resolve issues.
- You will be cognizant of the specialties of the nine supervisors to answer questions appropriately regarding the appropriate services offered.
- You will be responsible for a high level of confidentiality as well as being concerned with HIPAA rules and regulations.
- You will be responsible for greeting and assisting clients/customers (interview clients to obtain information in completing paperwork and forms) via phone and in person; set up appointments and follow-up evaluations as needed, handling multi-line telephone system, filing and messaging; coordinating facility and computing work orders, maintaining client information and files, ordering office supplies; collect fees/payments; issue parking pass.
- You will also be assisting with orientation and graduation events.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.