Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Residence Hall Coordinator
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Shares in the responsibility for overall direction of a comprehensive, auxiliary housing operation serving approximately 1400 students. Primary focus of position is customer service, community, and care. Work in a cooperative office culture to create an environment where over 1,400 students are able to thrive academically, professionally, and personally.
Staff Supervision & Staff Development (30% of essential duties)
- Provide supervision and guidance to student staff, Resident Assistants (RA), on a daily basis, as needed, with regard to student development and intervention strategies.
- Meet regularly with Resident Assistants and/or Assistant Area Coordinator to provide guidance, assess needs and evaluate performance, facilities, and students.
- Provide support, advice, guidance or other service regarding specific problem situations, such as roommate conflicts, individual student concerns etc.
- Evaluate Resident Assistants and/or Assistant Area Coordinator formally each semester, coordinate 1-to-1 meeting times for informal evaluations, problem solving and guidance.
- Develop strategies and concepts that promote staff "team spirit" and effective work relationships. Plan and implement regular staff development activities.
- Supervise student staff participation in Housing administrative processes such as semester check-in and check-out, room inspections, preview days, surveys etc.
Staff Training/Education/Selection – Assist with staff training and education activities.(5% of essential duties)
- Assist the Assistant Director with the coordination and implementation of Fall & Spring semester staff training to Resident Assistants. Evaluate and select training components, content, guest speakers, facility arrangements, meals and other logistical aspects of training.
- Assist with continuing education sessions and staff development activities for Student Life staff as needed.
- Assist with student staff selection processes.
Housing and Residence Life Administration – Participate in the overall administration of the campus housing program (30% of essential duties)
- Work cooperatively with the other Housing and Residence Life Team Members to set and maintain
quality standards for the total residential environment, with major emphasis on Customer Service,
Community, and Care.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of departmental policies and procedures
- Represent the Department of Housing and Residence Life on various university and Prescott area
committees. Participate in the planning and coordination of campus events such as Accepted Student
Preview Day, Open House etc.
- Participate in the Department of Housing and Residence Life’s Professional on Duty rotation
- Support and guidance for departmental activities such as check-in, room selection, etc.
- Participate in fire drills
- Parental phone calls
- Clery Reporting requirements
- Title IX Reporting requirements
- Other reporting directives given
- Requires a university meal plan to provide a level of feedback to the food provider, attend meetings
during meal times and allows to meet with and provide meals for students as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Community outreach and presence — Participate in the overall administration of the campus housing program (10% of essential duties)
- Routinely attend community events – provide feedback to RAs, be seen in your community area
- Regularly "walk" your community – interact with residents in an informal setting while also looking for
facilities concerns or areas for improvements
- Conduct academic and student of concerns outreach as needed. Provide resources and report
interactions to requesting offices/supervisor(s).
- Provide direct, informal support, advice, and guidance to students with personal concerns where
appropriate. Develop and carry out intervention strategies for various student needs. Act as a referral
agent for areas of concern outside of housing, such as academics, counseling center, financial aid.
Collateral Assignment — Each Area Coordinator will hold an annual collateral assignment within the
department. These assignments are designed to fulfill Departmental/University functions and may change from
year to year (25% of essential duties)
- Residence Hall Association (Serve as RHA advisor, oversee RHA’s budget, participate in training of RHA Executive Board)
- Student Conduct and Training (Adjudicate student conduct cases, provide feedback on Code of Conduct and Student Conduct Process, participate in Behavioral Intervention Team as needed, work with Assistant Director to coordinate and implement RA training, including beginning of term
training and regular In-Services.
Housing Logistics (On-Line logistics – maintain HRL Control Tower and SharePoint cites and access, assessment – work with Director and Assistant Director on Departmental assessment initiatives,
specifically: RA Training, Room Selection, Quality of Life, Summer Operations – run Summer residence Hall and act as liaison between HRL and Summer
Programs. Coordinate HRL summer camper operations)
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |