Provides support to the Secretary to the Board of Trustees and the Deputy Secretary to the Board of Trustees. Under general supervision, this position coordinates office operations, special projects, exercises discretion and handles information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
1. Conducts research projects relating to potentially sensitive and confidential information which may include but is not limited to Board of Trustees history, previous actions, policies, and procedures; university policies and procedures; state and federal law; or other issues of importance to the Board.
2. Prepares letters, memos, and correspondence in response to communication received by the office, including external and internal university correspondence.
3. Assists with the planning and preparation of all Board of Trustees meetings and events including regular and special-called Board of Trustees workshops and meetings, Agenda Review Committee meetings, and various Board of Trustees committee meetings.
4. Exercises discretion concerning highly sensitive and confidential information, disclosure of which would likely result in major disruption or embarrassment to the University.
5. Prepares initial drafts of the minutes of regular and special-called Board of Trustees meetings.
6. May act as a point of contact between board members and senior-level administrators, faculty, staff, departments, students, and vendors and outside agencies.
7. Coordinates daily office operations which may include but are not limited to data gathering, filing, management of student employees, database management, mail distribution, answering phones, and ordering supplies.
8. Assists the Board Secretary and Deputy Board Secretary when working with committee chairs, lead trustees, and campus office leadership in compiling and circulating proposed Board agenda items and ensuring accuracy of those materials and meeting agendas.
9. Assists the Deputy Board Secretary in the maintenance of records and documents pertaining to the affairs of the Board of Trustees.
10. Oversees maintenance and update of the Board of Trustees website.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.