Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Customer Service Supervisor - Recreational Sports (6913U) 43864
University of California, Berkeley
Customer Service Supervisor - Recreational Sports (6913U) 43864
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
At UC Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in professional development activities. To find out more about how you can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit grow.berkeley.edu.
The Department of Recreational Sports provides competitive and recreational opportunities for students, faculty, staff and the campus affiliated community members. In addition to the 33 sport clubs, the department offers a wide range of recreational activities and state of the art equipment.
The Customer Service Center (CSC) is a full-service resource for rec participants, gym members, and the general public seeking information and assistance with access to recreation programs, services, and facilities. The CSC develops, processes, and oversees complex sign-up, registration, and enrollment services to support multiple separate and distinct recreation programs. Programs include Youth programs, membership programs, passport application services, campus recreation offerings, and complex payment types (ie. donations, sponsor fulfillment, grant payments). Transactions are processed using various software and technology to efficiently and accurately record and track business operations, while providing excellent customer service to various user groups.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 10/20/2022
This position will oversee all day to day operations of the CSC. The incumbent will supervise and direct a team of career and student staff to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies. Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility.
- Supervises and trains staff providing customer service systemwide with responsibility for quality and quantity of work. Assumes and executes operational tasks and duties to ensure customer service expectations are met.
- Manages enterprise and supplemental software systems used by rec programs, customers, and campus partners.
- Responsible for providing guidance to staff and monitoring customer service levels for the Customer Service Center.
- Coordinates and has involvement in personnel-related actions and participates in the selection, development and evaluation of Customer Service Center staff.
- Responsible for cashiering functions and services at all recreational sites.
- Reviews processes and procedures to improve service.
- Provides tracking, reporting, and notification support for department hiring, onboarding, and training compliance requirements for all departmental staff.
- Follows internal policies and uses discretion to resolve escalated customer needs and inquiries.
- Ensures delivery of quality customer service to various constituencies.
- Makes recommendations and process changes to ensure effective and efficient customer service.
- Schedules staff, distributes assignments and manages workflow for the Customer Service Center.
- Working knowledge of customer service.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others.
- Skills to evaluate issues and identify resolution.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Customer service experience and skills in providing coaching direction and guidance to customer service representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead.
- High level of skill and efficiency using technology software systems.
- Must be able to gain US Government Passport Agent Certification
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
Salary & Benefits
This position is exempt, monthly paid position. Annual pay for this role is commensurate with experience within the range of $61,600 - $70,000.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment in the Resume section of your application.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=43864&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |