The Research Analyst is responsible for supporting the University at Buffalo’s major and planned gifts prospecting program for individuals, corporations and foundations under the direction of the Associate Director of Prospect Development and Research Services.
In this position, you will:
- work closely with research colleagues and fundraising professionals in implementing a major and planned gifts prospect identification and qualification program.
- generate qualitative and quantitative data and trend analysis in support of the development and success of fundraising programs
- support and coordinate the use of the university’s prospect and donor records, both hard copy and electronic, to create analytical research profiles on prospects, to provide analysis of the gift capabilities of those within the donor database and to act as a resource for philanthropy staff. The analyst is expected to respect the confidential nature of the position at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one years’ experience in a research-intensive professional role
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion and adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of both the university and the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Ability to clearly and convincingly convey information orally and in writing
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- General knowledge and competency of Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience managing deadline-driven multiple and diverse tasks
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of one year experience in a prospect research role for a fundraising operation
- Experience in writing logical, detailed and reports with a high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of information segmentation utilizing a database
Contact’s Name Judy Mackey
Contact’s Title Associate Director, Human Resources
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-645-1526