The Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science (TAMS) is a unique residential Program for high school-aged Texas students who are high achievers and interested in mathematics and science. While living on Campus in McConnell Hall, students in this two-year program complete a rigorous academic curriculum of college coursework at the University of North Texas (UNT). Instruction is by University Faculty. There are no high school courses taught, but students enjoy many of the activities of high school and the company of age mates who are intellectual peers. The Honors College is dedicated to enriching the undergraduate academic experience for the more than 1,900 talented, motivated, and well-prepared students who choose to be members. The goal of the Honors College is to help these students build an excellent foundation that prepares them for studying at the graduate level, establishing a career, and meeting the demands of responsible citizenship.
The Departmental Relations Specialist is responsible for maintaining and documenting relational connections and information for daily office operations, alumni, and donors. The position supports the actions of our leadership team and provides assistance and reports to the Assistant Director of Event Management. The position is an important part of providing a positive connection and interaction for supporters and visitors to the TAMS and Honors College.
Bachelor’s Degree and five years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple
tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex
nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned
- Supervisory skills.