Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Starting salary range of $28,523 - $31,375 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Support Salary Scale, B21. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Workforce & Community Development
Job Summary/Basic Function:
As a member of the Center for Workforce and Community Development, and under the supervision of the Director of Workforce Development, perform concierge, courier-related activities for the department as relates to supporting development and implementation of contract training, non-credit, courses, and programs. Perform administrative tasks on an as-needed basis.
This position is fast-paced and requires excellent customer service, time management, and problem-solving skills. It requires regular interaction with a diverse range of students and business partners; therefore an amicable personality and unflappable disposition are a must.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate a successful training event through the provision of support services to include, but not limited to:
- Make photocopies, shop for food and supplies, prep classroom, and clean/stock break facilities.
- Assemble and provide the instructor with appropriate class materials and collect and process course forms and course evaluations.
- Collect and transport registration forms, evaluations, and other documents between locations, as is appropriate.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe work environment and respond according to the established protocol to emergency situations.
- Once a course is scheduled, ensure supplies are available, equipment is operational, classrooms or other training spaces are in satisfactory repair, and report any deficiencies.
- Perform administrative tasks in support of training and back-of-house operations, as requested.
- Create, plan and manage all menus and supplies for every group of training, including shopping/purchasing for food and supplies.
- Serve as a communications liaison between Center staff, faculty, and students.
- Assist in the development and implementation of special events/workshops and when necessary, represent the Center at college and community events.
- At all times, adhere to relevant policies and procedures, report to Program Managers and/or Instructor any student dissatisfaction, and assist in ensuring that student and instructor concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Adhere to Center standards for customer service and professionalism.
- Assist in the training of student workers and other fulfillment personnel as necessary.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing the Director's calendar/appointments and maintaining a departmental calendar.
- Create meeting agendas, take minutes during meetings, and distribute minutes to participants.
- Enter data and prepare budget reports.
- Enter and track departmental purchase requests; process account statements and credit card charges in the credit card tracking system.
- Create internal and external correspondence; distribute departmental information and reminders.
- Assist in documenting and tracking projects, ensuring reporting timelines are met.
- Research and compile data for various internal and external reports pertaining to the Workforce Development department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must be able to travel extensively within the Lee College Service area
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Able to work individually with limited supervision and collaboratively with diverse populations/groups/teams. Manage, organize and communicate information of varying technical complexity.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing for priorities while remaining composed and professional
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented and enjoy working with a variety of people
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with the ability to perform successful internet research
- Must be dependable
- Aware of and sensitive to cultural differences with the ability to work with and engage individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with college personnel and outside entities
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience in food service or catering
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with project management software
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7215
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |