Sr. IT Support Specialist
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Sr. IT Support Specialist position within the Innovation Technology Services Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
Medical, dental, and vision options
Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Sr. IT Support Specialist works as a member of the Minneapolis Technology Services team to manage 2nd tier support for the campus. Primary responsibilities include hiring and managing student employees to staff the walk-up ITS help-desk, currently located in Schulze Hall. Resolution of incidents and requests related to software, computing, classroom A/V, printing, and other enterprise systems. This position works directly with faculty, staff, students, and guests to provide customer service, support, and recommendations to improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of technology in a university environment. The Sr. IT Support Specialist collaborates and communicates with other ITS groups, as needed, in order to provide a first-class customer support experience at the University of St. Thomas.
1. Manage, train, mentor, and ensure coverage ofMPLS MPLS walk-up desk by student employees. Ensure the quality of support and responsiveness provided by the students to create a positive experience for the community.
2. Provide customer service to faculty, staff, and students, helping to ensure that they understand the technologies available to them and can utilize them as intended. Collaborate with other groups in ITS to provide support of administrative and computing systems (break/fix incidents, permissions requests, etc.).
3. Troubleshoot, resolve problems, and maintain university computers and peripherals; including workstations and associated software and classroom technology; provide and/or coordinate technology support for University wide systems, such as printing, data backup, email and productivity applications, and desktop management toolsets (e.g. PaperCut, CrashPlan, Microsoft OffSCCM SCCM, etc.).
4. Perform administrative duties and assist oMPLS MPLS ITS Department Tech staff in their work. Follow ITS procedures for communication, call/incident tracking, installation & inventory, and documentation. Perform other duties as assigned.
5. Remain current with technology trends in education and business environments (learn from and work with other schools, read trade journals, attend training, research, etc.)
High school diploma or the equivalent
Two years of experience providing desktop computer operations and software support
A B.A. or B.S. in Information Systems or a related field
Experience working at a higher-education institution
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer