Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
HVAC Mechanic I
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
HVAC Mechanic I
Trades & Operations
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Does skilled work at the level of HVAC Mechanic I, in the installation, alternation, maintenance, and repair of all HVAC systems including BMS (Building Management Systems), EMS (Energy Management Control Systems), and associated equipment.
- Must be able to perform work assignments from oral instructions, written instructions, sketches, blueprints, and wiring diagrams
- Works in accordance with the standard practices of the mechanical and electrical trades
- Performs various types of mechanical work in the installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of all mechanical systems, control systems, a variety of pneumatic control components, and related equipment
- Works in support of the other department trades, and performs other related work as may be required
- May be required to maintain records, stock lists, and department inventory records and stock
- Maintains safe workplace and follows necessary safety requirements of the University
- Plans and lays out jobs, including acquisition of materials
- Troubleshoot, debug, and adjust HVAC comfort control programs
- Will provide emergency support on a periodic basis as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School, Trade or Vocational School degree or equivalent required with five years of industrial experience.
- Must have minimum 5 years experience in related HVAC service and repair environment.
- Must have a MA refrigeration technician license and an EPA Universal Refrigeration license with 5 years' experience
- MA sheet metal license preferred
- Must have an understanding of HVAC system design intent and control sequences
- Must have HVAC control experience - Automated Logic and Schneider Electric preferred
- MA oil burner technician license preferred
- Solid computer skills programming in building control systems preferred
- The hours for this job will be 7:00 am through 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently move, transport, install, or remove items up to 50 pounds; they must frequently use their hands to feel while operating, activating, using, preparing, inspecting, or positioning various equipment or objects required to perform the job.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, move, and traverse. The employee is frequently required to ascend/descend, work atop, and traverse while performing essential job duties. The employee is also frequently required to sit in a stationary position, or move to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and high precarious places. The employee frequently works in outdoor various weather conditions.
- The employee regularly works with vibration and the risk of electrical shock.
- The employee rarely works with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level is often loud.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in this environment is normal.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/HVAC-Mechanic-I_R0000609
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |