Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Accounts Payable Analyst 3 (4528U), Disbursements Office - 37836
University of California, Berkeley
Accounts Payable Analyst 3 (4528U), Disbursements Office - 37836
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The Accounts Payable department has campus-wide responsibility for Accounts Payable support, reconciliation, analysis, and problem solving. Accounts Payable is responsible for providing systems, policies, procedures, and training to facilitate the processing of payables transactions including vendor invoices, T&E reimbursements, leases, wire transfers, student awards and refunds. Total annual disbursements are in excess of $1 billion.
Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Financial Analyst 3 assists in monitoring department controls, and compliance with campus policies and procedures. This position involves ensuring the accuracy of a wide variety of accounts payable and financial transactions and services. The Accounts Payable Analyst 3 is independently responsible for research, analysis and troubleshooting to resolve highly complicated reconciliation issues. This position requires an experienced financial service professional, with a thorough understanding of financial processes and procedures, who must exercise good judgment in resolving issues regarding payment transactions via wire transfer, electronic funds transfer, and paper check.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 7, 2022.
- Applies professional financial and accounting concepts to independently perform audit and analyses of moderately complex financial services such as researching discrepancies and tax implications and compliance with external regulations and internal policies.
- Confirms that payee has no sanctions or restrictions, determines that required bank account and routing information is correct, and enters transaction accurately BFS.
- Requires the confidential handling of protected supplier data.
- Under general supervision, researches and gathers information from a variety of sources; prepares and summarize information and reports relative to new services, regulatory compliance issues and/or vendor selection and support activities.
- Responsible for accurate Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) setup and maintenance.
- Also responsible for researching and correcting EFT transactions returned by the receiving banks due to incorrect account numbers or closed accounts as well as processing stop payments.
- Analyses data to include summaries of financial transactions, evaluation of current and proposed services, etc., for management review and decision-making.
- Delivers quality customer service to various constituencies to include internal department clients and external vendors.
- Functions as a resource to support staff on issues such as researching complex financial discrepancies, escalated customer service problems and vendor concerns.
- Accounting/Analytical - General accounting and/or accounts payable knowledge; ability to analyze fiscal data, summarize information and present it in a logical format.
- University Procedures -- Working knowledge of and/or ability to learn campus financial processes, policies and procedures.
- Information Systems - Proficiency working with and/or ability to learn computer and information management systems, including PeopleSoft financial applications, BearBuy procurement system, the Microsoft Office suite of software, and familiarity with corporate online banking systems.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Interpersonal - Good interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups; coaching and mentoring skills to train support staff; ability to work under pressure of deadlines and multitask in an environment of changing priorities.
- Communication and Customer Service - Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly explain disbursements issues to a diverse campus community in a manner that is easily understood; strong customer service focus.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
This is a remote-friendly position, eligible for 100% remote capability.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=37836&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |