Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates functions and activities of the Dual Enrollment Plan in accordance with program requirements. Manages plan activities and coordinates their implementation and evaluation by working with students, faculty, administrators, and educational partners.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Project Director, Concurrent and Dual Enrollment is a mid-management position having reporting relationship to assigned Dean or Vice President at the college. The Project Director will be accountable for implementing the components of the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Recommends objectives and goals, and develops and implements annual plans for the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program. Ensures consistency of plans and their implementation with the program requirements and other College and District plans.
* Ensure all required plan elements are implemented and state-mandated outcomes are met.
* Develops and maintains local high school partnership agreements, in consultation with faculty, deans, and local high school administrators, that provide the most appropriate dual enrollment courses and schedule delivery of such courses and related services.
* Establishes standard of service delivery, specific, goals, and performance measures. Supervises, advises, and assists program staff to accomplish established goals in order to provide and improve all aspects of the program for the community.
* Monitors the implementation of the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Programs and ensures the evaluation of their effectiveness; prepares public information materials for assigned projects.
* Provides leadership for continuous planning and implementation for expanding programs and services consistent with the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment objectives and programs.
* Recruits, selects, and supervises professional experts, and activity leaders to fulfill the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program objectives, consistent with the program's annual plan.
* Develops and oversees a marketing plan for the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program. Prepares and send communications to internal and external stakeholders each semester, outlining project activities, calendar of dates and deadlines, required procedures, and participation opportunities.
* Develops and promotes special events, seminars, and workshops including, but not limited to, student engagement events, and outreach activities.
* Organizes, attends or chairs a variety of administrative and staff meetings as required; serves on committees and special projects as assigned; coordinates programs and services as appropriate with other District and college personnel.
* Maintains current knowledge of instructional theories and new technologies pertinent to assigned projects; learns and applies emerging technologies and advances (e.g., computer software applications) as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
* Develops and monitors budgets and maximizes financial resources.
* Supervises, motivates, trains, and evaluates assigned personnel to provide high quality of service.
* Collaborates with college and District-wide leadership related to Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program activities and required reporting standards; provides data for inclusion in requested reporting and analytical statistics.
* Directs the preparation and maintenance of detailed and comprehensive records, reports and files related to the consortium personnel, facilities and activities; ensures the collection, recording and reporting of required enrollment and performance data.
* Directs, develops, and maintains files, reports, and documentation to comply with the program requirements, as well as District policies and procedures.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skills related to pertinent legislation, emerging trends in Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Programs, and the duties and responsibilities of the position.
* Performs other related duties as assigned that support the objectives of the position.