The Digital & Graphic Design Specialist supports the entire UB Business & Entrepreneur Partnership organization. You will be working in the dynamic world of startups and entrepreneurship and building B2B marketing communications that engage and inspire our followers. Your quick thinking and creative problem solving are keys to your success.
The ideal candidate will be creative, reliable, motivated, technically-savvy, outcome-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Digital & Graphic Design Specialist reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications in BEP, which is part of the Office of Research and Economic Development. BEP supports commercialization of UB technologies and connects industry with UB faculty for research and development support. BEP includes several programs and units with specific technology and business focus areas, such as the Innovation Hub, New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences (CBLS), the New York State Center of Excellence in Materials Informatics (CMI), Buffalo Institute for Genomics & Data Analytics (BIG) and startup incubators.
This position will lead the creative design of digital and print assets, creation and manipulation of video files and is responsible for coordination across all online platforms such as: websites, social media, including ads, brochures, emails, signage, and other collateral; with the goal of increasing visibility of the Business and Entrepreneur Partnership brand, UBs capabilities, offerings and services.
The DGDS provides stewardship of the UB brand and will develop, communicate, and enforce UB guidelines, policies, and procedures related to the website. In addition, the DGDS will:
- lead on email marketing layout including campaigns and distribution; drip or automation
- work closely with members of marketing on the integration campaigns, traditional publications, and various delivery formats with consistent messaging and tone
- ensure compliance with GDPR, CASL, and CAN-SPAM;
- Maintain website content across all BEP units and keep current; lead website production, updates and troubleshoot user issues with the content management system and provide training and user support; coordinate annual website audits, field web forms, and assist with analytics; remain proficient with Web-based content management systems and Web development tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud and other related software applications; research, evaluate, and integrate innovative and appropriate web technologies
- Work with IT partner when necessary to manage and perform testing, specifically of web pages and content management applications.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support on issues related to web services and align with IT on options to improve our sites.
- Assist marketing with integrating print, web, mobile and social media strategies.
- Stay current with technological advances in the field and recommend new technologies as appropriate.
- Serve on university committees as requested by the Marketing Director
Our marketing and communications team is service-focused, team-minded, and looking to grow! We value creatives who are ready to contribute within our fast-paced environment-an environment that handles the needs of multiple units. We’re seeking a proven creative marketer and graphics SME with a positive spirit and project management experience to join the team, as we work to make an impact in NYS and beyond.