Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Associate Director, Systems and Operations (0656U) - 5317
University of California Berkeley
Associate Director, Systems and Operations (0656U) - 5317
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions must provide a fair opportunity for every applicant to obtain admission to the University, operate in a professional manner that ensures positive staff morale and values hard work and dedication, communicate and collaborate effectively, present a coordinated effort to standardize procedures and document best practices, offer a variety of methods for professional development, and provide first-class customer service in a cost-effective and transparent manner.
- Designs and implements systems and operational practices and procedures to carry out admission policies which are promulgated by the faculty.
- Ensures that system functions and business processes adhere to campus policy and that operational deadlines are met.
- Manages the impact of any changes in policies or practices in systems demands. This may include workload issues, commitments of staff time and resources, or the timing or appropriateness of enhancements or new functions.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity and timeliness of admission data which is passed to other campus units. This includes crucial profile data that can, among other things, affect a student's ability to register, to receive financial aid or housing, to receive appropriate academic advising, or to receive a Berkeley transcript.
- Provides OUA input to the development and implementation of campus-wide technical initiatives affecting both new and continuing students.
- Directs the work of six direct reports.
- Establishes expectations and goals relative to assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Provides guidance to direct reports in: establishing workload priorities; human relations issues and motivational and/or disciplinary tactics.
- Responsible for maintaining controls which safeguard the confidentiality of systems processes to ensure that applicants' privacy is protected and that Federal Privacy Act regulations are met.
- Various responsibilities of the incumbent requires careful coordination and collaboration with partners, such as the UC Office of the President, the UC system's application processing service provider (UCAP), the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, the Office of the Registrar, CALSO, Housing, and the Schools and Colleges on campus, and the Academic Senate.
- At the direction of the AVC/Director and Deputy Director, represents the office in meetings or speaking engagements at schools, conferences, or in interviews with the media, and represents the institution in such a manner as to promote goodwill and public support.
- Serves as a member of the OUA senior management team which directs all functions of OUA and manages the workings of the office on a daily basis.
- Makes decisions on performance, salary actions, hiring decisions and other human resources related issues of managed staff.
- Directly supervises 6.00 FTE at the professional level.
- Complies with University, campus and departmental policies governing performance appraisal and professional development.
- Establishes expectations and goals relative to tasks assigned to the student affairs team that they manage, and provides guidance and assistance on most complex issues.
- Provides guidance in establishing workload priorities; human relations issues and motivational and/or performance management.
- Responsible for maintaining a state-of-the-art knowledge of best practices, policies and procedures in the field of undergraduate admissions, Slate and Campus Solutions.
- Participate in professional organizations, such as the Slate Summit, Alliance, AACRAO, PACRAO, NACAC, WACAC or the College Board.
- Advanced knowledge of education theory, policy, practice, and evaluation.
- Significant knowledge of the goals and mission of higher education as they relate to academic preparation, recruitment, and advanced-standing admission.
- Significant knowledge of transfer policies of University, Colleges or Schools.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Customer Relationship Mnaagement systems or student ifnormation systems (Slate, Campus Solutions, Banner, etc).
- Significant knowledge regarding Colleges/Schools general education policies and requisite transfer preparation.
- Advanced knowledge project management theory and practices.
- Knowledge of organizational development strategies and practice.
- Requires knowledge of business analysis function.
- Critical Thinking, Persuasion/Negotiation, Mentoring, Leadership/Management, Problem Solving, Human Resources policies and procedures relating to management responsibilities.
- Verbal and Written Communication, Quantitative and Analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Previous experience working with Slate, Campus Solutions, Banner or equivalent systems.
- PMP Certification
- Previous SQL reading and writing experience
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $110,000.00 - $140,000.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, career position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=5317&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |