The Counseling Services department at the University at Buffalo is seeking a full-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who possesses greater than 3600 hours of practice (approximately 2 years full-time).
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide diagnostic and pharmacologic treatment and psychotherapy services to students.
- Conduct on-going risk assessments (i.e. suicide, homicide, abuse, violence)
-* Perform age-appropriate, full psychiatric evaluations.
- Plan and document pharmacologic strategies based on individualized needs and provide follow-up services as needed.
- Provide clinical documentation on patients and produce reports and assessment information, as requested by the Director.
- Provide consultation to clinical staff and graduate level trainees regarding patient care issues
- Conduct educational training for college staff, faculty, and students.
We are Student Life where student growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success. We are UB.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Required education, degree, and licensure:
- Master of Science in Nursing focusing on Psychiatry (MSN) and board certification in psychiatric nursing.
- Candidate must also be registered and certified to practice in the specialty of psychiatry as a nurse practitioner by the NYS Education Department
Experience treating college students or adolescents and young adults preferred.