The Program Coordinator will support administration and finance for multiple programs under UB’s Business and Entrepreneur Partnerships (BEP), located on the downtown medical campus.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a reliable and detail-oriented self-starter, with the ability to multi-task, and prioritize duties. The strongest candidate for this position will be flexible and strategic, with the ability to understand and address the needs of both the university and its external business partners.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Associate Director for BEP, which connects industry partners with UB faculty and technical expertise for research and development support. BEP runs several key economic development initiatives and programs, such as the Center for Advanced Technology in Big Data and Health Sciences (UB CAT), START-UP NY, the Buffalo Institute for Genomics & Data Analytics (BIG), New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences (CBLS), and the New York State Center of Excellence in Materials Informatics (CMI) and the Innovation Hub
Primary duties and responsibilities for this position include:
Program and Grant Coordination:
- Tracking and supporting project applications and program inquiries
- Support tracking and documenting programmatic outcomes and deliverables
- Meeting coordination and communication with external advisory boards, clients, and faculty partners
- Assistance in executing and tracking award notifications, certificates, and research agreements
- Assisting external companies with space requests
- Documenting industry and faculty engagements through client relationship management system (CRM)
- Assistance with presentations and BEP programming
- Procurement using university systems and processes
- Expense tracking and reconciliation using university business systems and QuickBooks
- Administrative support and tracking for BEP’s various program reports, including unit-wide annual economic and institutional impact survey
- Provide backup coverage at the Center of Excellence front desk
- Assist with planning special events
- Various Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be comfortable communicating via email and in-person with external industry partners and UB faculty members.
- Extensive experience and comfort with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Comfort with and ability to learn new software programs, such as online procurement and accounting systems, as well as client relationship management systems (CRM).
- Sound judgment, critical thinking and extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Previous experience in higher education and/or a start-up company.
- Experience with University systems and policies.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM.