Performs a variety of specialized technical and clerical tasks in connection with the admission, enrollment, records, academic progress and success, transcript evaluation, and status of military, veteran, and corporate education students. Serves as a subject matter and technical resource for these students having unique location, availability, timing, and educational goals.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Senior Military/Contract Education Associate represents senior level within an enrollment career path requiring demonstrated ability to serve as a subject matter leader supporting military, veteran, and corporate education and perform in most admissions and records functions that include, but are not limited to admission, registration, student status, academic progress, transcript evaluations, and graduation. The Senior Military/Contract Education Associate requires a high level of expertise in transcript review and audit, matriculation, graduation reviews, and the ability to solve student problems in these areas involving working with out-of-state schools and unique academic programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Military/Contract Education Associate serves as a senior-level subject matter specialist in one or more areas encompassing a portion of these duties, however is fully capable of performing all of the following:
* Provide subject matter leadership on issues pertaining to interpretation of admissions, student records, and evaluations guidelines and policies that also include special articulation and/or contract requirements.
* Researches, interprets, clarifies, and resolves a variety of problems dealing with, but not limited to, admissions, registration, matriculation, residency, student academic status, course class conflicts, and fees.
* Participates in master class schedule development by continuously maintaining and adjusting classroom, time, and faculty assignments to optimize communications and availability to students.
* Leads and participates in student enrollment and eligibility determination processes. Coordinates and participates in collecting, processing, and performing quality reviews of registration, eligibility, and other program forms, applications, and documents.
* Prepares education and degree plans in accordance with the contractual guidelines set forth by the DOD and corporate clients, and compliance with District policies.
* Performs degree audits and communicates outcomes with students. Explains degree requirements and related policies. Advises students of evaluation results, options to satisfy outstanding requirements and other degrees for which they are eligible.
* Works with articulation officers and other evaluators to maintain consistency, compliance, and accuracy of course articulation.
* Assures that student records are up-to-date. Maintains student records including updating transcripts, waivers, education plans, demographic and vital information and posting grades and changes. Enters data to the student information system.
* Extracts and downloads student and course information, using standardized queries, to prepare reports and audit accuracy of student and academic data.
* Verifies enrollment status for students and faculty members. Interacts with students, managers, and other staff members to accept and facilitate transactions such as, but not limited to, student petitions, as appropriate.
* Maintains and updates student records in compliance with educational codes and agreements. Posts transactions to student financial records, may prepares bills for individual students for unpaid balances, and audits and updates refund reports. Prepares student refund reports.
* Provides faculty members and other staff with pertinent information about and procedures for recording attendance and grades, class deadlines, etc.
* Adjusts student fee records based on class schedule changes. Responds to information by departments, external agencies, and organizations to apprise them of current college education expenses for their clients.
* Composes correspondence in connection with mandated reporting and decisions requiring advanced response.
* Troubleshoots and provides input to information technology specialists that enhances or improves efficiency of learning management and on-line applications.
* Maintains up-to-date of knowledge of programs, services, policies and procedures for admissions, registration, and student records. Attends and assists with presentations about program information during workshops and conferences.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.