Department Residential Dining Service
This position reports to the Food Court/Snack Bar Supervisor. Employees in this series prepare and serve fast-food and beverages and/or supervise such activities in a snack bar/sundry operation.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Assist in food preparation. Clean, slice and portion meats, vegetables and other foods for serving. Assist in serving food, including order taking and the use of a cash register. Replenish serving line and holding carts as needed. Follow established sanitation principles in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines. Follow established safety techniques. Assist with the front-of-house cleaning, including bussing tables and the general cleaning of the seating area.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
Food Handlers Certificate or Food Service Manager Certification upon hire
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
1. One year of experience in food service.
2. Knowledge of use and operation of cleaning materials, methods and equipment.
3. Ability to read and write.
4. Ability to perform other related duties as assigned.
5. Ability to follow oral and written instructions and work independently.
6. Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed instructions.
7. Good communication skills.
8. Good customer service skills.
9. Food Service Sanitation Certification