Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Plant Utilities Engineer 1
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
In this position the Plant Utility Engineer 1 (PUE1) will function as a stationary engineer in the central plant utilities of the UB campuses. The PUE1 may be assigned to the Chilled Water Plant, the Heating Plant, or the decentralized utilities production plants in our downtown campus.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Operate boiler feed water pumps, aerator, electric or steam driven feed water and condensate pumps, atmospheric drain tanks, cascade feeders, nitrogen and steam pressurization systems.
- Operate steam and hot water boilers including lighting off, firing, cleaning and shutting down system.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on mechanical and electrical equipment, steam, gas and water lines, and other related plumbing heating or ventilation equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair and calibrate electronic and pneumatic combustion and HVAC control systems.
- Lubricate machinery and other preventative maintenance tasks in the boiler, chiller, pump and mechanical equipment rooms.
- Perform customer service duties when needed.
- Afford supervision and training of PUA personnel in safe plant operation.
- Participate in in-service training courses and on-the-job instruction relative to utility plant operation and engineering.
- Operate large central absorption, centrifugal, screw driven and hermetic chiller systems and other refrigeration equipment.
- Starting, regulating and troubleshooting to maintain proper temperature.
- Operate related auxiliary air-conditioning equipment, such as cooling towers, evaporative coolers, fan coils, vacuum pumps, purge chillers, and water cooled condensers.
- Conduct chilled water and condenser water chemical analysis to maintain proper residuals.
- Perform all system maintenance.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |