Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Front Office Manager (7377U) - CEE
University of California, Berkeley
Front Office Manager (7377U) - CEE
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The Department of Civil and Environmental engineering (CEE) is a complex academic department within the College of Engineering. The Department is composed of 7 graduate programs: Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials; Environmental Engineering; Transportation Engineering; Engineering and Project Management; Geosystems; Systems Engineering; and Energy, Civil Infrastructure and Climate.
In 2022, CEE was ranked first in the nation for both its undergraduate and graduate programs. The Department consists of 45 faculty, 400 graduate and 400 undergraduate students, and 21 staff plus numerous emeriti, lecturers, and visiting scholars.
CEE is a place of intellectual vitality and diversity in which all students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity and the impetus to achieve their highest potential. Signs of this vitality and diversity are seen in innovative research conducted by students and faculty; creative, flexible, adaptable, and forward-looking curricula; outstanding classroom teaching; attentive academic mentoring; and a shared sense of a community that is inclusive and respectful of all members. We are proud of our contributions to the public mission of the University of California, as demonstrated for example by our role in providing access to higher education for students from low and middle-income families.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 30, 2022 - Open Until Filled
45% Front Office Administration
- Manages department conference room reservations, mail distribution, copy jobs and printer upkeep, and regular restocking of office supplies.
- Develops and implements procedures for supply inventory and to keep equipment in good working condition.
- Monitors and responds to inquiries on general support email and phone line.
- Plans department lunches and other events, including promotion, catering orders, securing venues, day-of set-up and breakdown, and payment processing.
- Serves as a liaison between the department and students, faculty and visitors, by triaging and redirecting requests as needed.
- Maintains and distributes internal department contact lists and communications.
- Handles data entry and processing, and file organization.
- Manages parking pass requests.
- Assists with special administrative projects as needed.
15% Facilities Maintenance
- Working with the Facilities Manager, maintains building spaces and supports upkeep in accordance with campus guidelines.
- Administers facilities and space logistics and manages equipment needs.
- Addresses inquiries about building protocols and access.
- Supports reorganization of building spaces by clearing offices with facilities personnel Supports student field trips by securing transportation, safety equipment, and other reservation requirements.
15% Financial Reporting
- Utilizes campus systems to assist with purchasing and procurement reconciliation.
- Conducts basic financial reporting.
- Generates basic financial reports and journals.
- Processes payments to the department, including cashing of checks.
- Drafts acknowledgment letters to donors as needed.
15% Academic Human Resources
- Supports academic personnel analysts in annual review of faculty merit cases, including preparation of materials and case processing.
- Supports faculty searches, including dissemination of applicant materials, and scheduling of finalist visits.
- Coordinates and participates in a variety of human resources activities including employment, training, classification, and ensuring the completion of forms and documents related to HR and Payroll.
- Prepares and summarizes financial and HR reports.
5% Safety Coordinator
- Acts as a safety coordinator for the department, playing a leadership role to promote well-being and communications surrounding emergency situations.
- With other safety coordinators, ensures that safety supply kits are stocked and up-to-date.
- During campus drills, supports communication of protocols and developments.
- Proactively researches interventions to increase building safety awareness.
5% Professional Development and Training
- Seeks out and participates in opportunities for career growth and professional development, including but not limited to: UC Berkeley Annual "Next Opportunity at Work" Conference, University Extension Sponsored Tuition program, Communities Practice, and staff fellowships.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of administrative operational activities such as event planning, basic fundraising processes, risk management planning, website design, accounting and payroll, and contracts and grants regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; prioritize work and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the use of computer software applications in a PC/windows environment; Word and Excel required.
- Dependable, organized, detail-oriented, positive, flexible, and have a service-oriented attitude and an excellent attendance record.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $69,200 to $101,500 annually, commensurate with experience. This is an exempt, 100% FTE career position.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=37791&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |