The Application Development Analyst will design, develop, test and support UB’s enterprise applications. In this position you will work with team members and customers to develop requirements and develop software solutions using utilizing contemporary web development tools and techniques.
- Design, develop, test, maintain and document application software for UB’s enterprise systems
- Analyze and/or assist in development of customer specifications
- Understand and utilize contemporary web development tools and techniques
- Participate in code reviews and quality assurance
- Complete all necessary documentation for tasks performed
- In the context of a new project, elicit customer requirements and develop solutions using new and/or existing technology/application systems in the process
- Develop unique approaches to complicated problems where there may be no precedent or solution
- Often these solutions require the integration of disparate systems running on a variety of technical platforms
- Support, design and troubleshoot mission critical, enterprise systems
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the layers of technology and points of integration involved in supported applications in order to evaluate and respond to customer enhancement requests, infrastructure upgrade requests and reported problems
- Apply appropriate triage skills to application failures and take appropriate action to maintain service availability
- Engage necessary campus and external support personnel as needed in implementing recommendations and/or negotiating proposed solutions
- Continually improve personal knowledge and skills relevant to current duties. These skills are maintained through on the job experience, self-directed research, conferences or formal training
All the duties & responsibilities listed above occur in a 24×7 environment, therefore, working extended hours, holidays, and varied hours may be required.
The mission of UB Information Technology’s is "to advance UB’s mission of excellence in research, teaching, and service through the innovative and effective use of Information Technology." UBIT includes nearly 400 talented and collaborative professionals. UBIT supports the university’s goals for impactful research, educational experiences, engagement and economic development, and a 21st-century campus environment. To that end, UBIT partners with the campus community and leads the evaluation, implementation, and operation of all IT services.
It is a great time to join UBIT. Over the last four years, VPCIO and UBIT have focused on modernizing the core IT infrastructure. These strategic enhancements have resulted in a world-class technology environment. In addition, UBIT staff are highly skilled and motivated to succeed and have cutting-edge training and technical resources at their disposal.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Experience in the Information Systems field (includes internships and relevant projects), encompassing relevant aspects of information technology in support of application development in a comparable environment
Must possess excellent communication and problem solving skills, and be eager to learn new languages and technologies
Must have ability to work and communicate effectively with people having diverse skill levels
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
Experience in an university setting
Experience with advanced, large scale systems
Understanding and experience with contemporary web development tools and techniques
Familiarity with contemporary application development tools and concepts such as automated testing, DevOps toolchains, containerization and Agile development practices