University of Idaho
Interlibrary Loan Assistant
General Library (Div)
$14.32 per hour or higher depending on experience
Provides lead work in managing and processing interlibrary loan (ILL) lending requests. Under the direction of the Interlibrary Loan Supervisor, this position performs other tasks related to interlibrary loans such as: verifying and processing consortial borrowing and lending requests; preparing and processing invoices; performing ILL and circulation database maintenance; and performing other duties as assigned.
- Experience with online library automation systems and online searching.
- Experience with interlibrary loan borrowing, lending, or other resource sharing technologies.
- Experience learning, adapting, and using new technology in a professional setting.
- Customer service experience and orientation.
- Work experience in an academic library public services department.
- Knowledge of academic libraries and the principles of library services, practices, and organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Some supervisory or training experience.
- Experience using interlibrary loan and resource sharing processing tools such as ILLiad, Docline, OCLC Worldcat Resource Sharing, and Alma Resource Sharing.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move 20 lbs. Ability to work in an environment that may contain dust and/or mold.
Open Until Filled:
Please address all required and preferred qualifications in your letter of qualification. Applications received by October 17, 2019 will receive first consideration.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.