Asst AD for Athletic Training
The Assistant Athletic Director for Athletic Training will manage the Sports Medicine Department with a focus on developing, organizing, and managing the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of all athletic related injuries and general health conditions. This position will report to the Senior Associate Athletic Director.
Full Job Description:
- Job Responsibilities Direct supervision of:
- Director of Athletic Training Services
- Associate Athletic Trainer assigned to Men's Basketball
- Associate Athletic Trainer assigned to Women's Basketball
- Assistant Athletic Trainer assigned to Volleyball
o Oversight of the Sports Medicine Budget
o Oversee the budget for athletic operations and authorize expenditures.
o Coordinate pre-participation physicals for all student-athletes
- Liaison for Cardiac Evaluations
o Management of medical referrals
o Coordinate services with all medical providers for the athletic department
- Including management of annual provider agreements
o Athletics liaison for Counseling and Psychological Services
o Assign administrative responsibilities for the athletic training staff
o Scheduling of staff to insure the athletic training room, practices and competitions
receive appropriate medical coverage
o Develop, review and implement all policy and procedures associated with the Sports
o Provide athletic training services and coordinate all medical care for MSC
o Active membership, involvement and attendance in the Athletic Performance Team
o Promote effective communication among all institutional constituents (e.g., President,
staff, administrators, faculty, student-athletes, alumni and the public)
o Manage and organize all filing of medical records including electronic medical record
o The development and implementation of emergency action plans, including CPR/AED
DocuSign Envelope ID: A6BB43C8-1BCB-4CBE-970B-D522631CD55C
certification for coaches and athletics staff
o Stay current in evidence based practices associated with collegiate sports medicine
o Abide by and support all relevant NCAA rules and regulations
o Foster a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness throughout the department
o Support and mentor staff in recruitment and retention initiatives
- Minimum Requirements o Bachelor's degree required
- o Master's degree preferred
- o CPR/AED Certified
- o 6 years experience in the collegiate setting
- o NATA BOC certified and in good standing
- o Willingness to travel and work irregular hours
- o Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree Preferred.
- o 6+ years of athletic training experience at the college level. Head Athletic Training
- experience is preferred.
- o Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- o This position requires afternoon, night, weekend hours combined with business hours
- and some moderate travel.
- o A valid driver's license.
- o Professional communication with head coaches and coaching staffs, and support staff.
- Including, but not limited to, student-athlete emergency information, emergency action
- plans, scheduling and day to day coverage.
- o Coordination of game day needs for both home and away contests with opposing
- team's athletic trainers. Home contests require set-up, preparation and appropriate
- student-athlete care staffing.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Asst-AD-for-Athletic-Training_R0002585-1.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.