Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Technology Support Analyst
Located in the heart of Boston, Simmons University embodies the benefits of a small university in the nation's best college town. Simmons has a cherished history of visionary thinking and social responsibility and a mission that has remained constant for over a century: to provide transformative learning that links passion with lifelong purpose.
Today, Simmons serves nearly 2,000 students in a women-centered undergraduate program and nearly 5,000 students in coeducational graduate programs. Simmons recently embarked on an academic redesign to create four interdisciplinary colleges. Given the richness and complexity of its offerings, Simmons obtained formal approval and became Simmons University effective September 1, 2018.
Simmons University is looking for a Technology Support Analyst to join the Technology department. The Technology Support Analyst will provide media services and IT support for Simmons Faculty, students and staff. The analyst will also provide project-related support (e.g. classroom media upgrades, desktop upgrades, customer training, deployments of new IT services) as needed. This position requires well rounded media, desktop, technical, and project skills and the ability to resolve the majority of issues without escalation to another resource. The ability to provide outstanding customer service is a must. The analyst works assisting a Senior AV/Media Engineer with more complex projects and works for a Support Manager in delivering daily break/fix support, service request fulfillment, event planning and support. The successful candidate will demonstrate a professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills. Individual is expected to have and maintain a current broad-based knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networking technologies.
Campus media services include: audio, video, control systems technologies (Crestron, Extron), video teleconferencing (VTC), web conferencing, audio mixers, ceiling and wall mounted speakers, video display devices (projectors, screens, large screen flat panel TVs), AV media sources (DVD, VCR, PCs ,etc.), PC interfaces, AV cables and terminations, and AV mounting devices. Campus technology services include: hardware and software support for Dell/Windows and Apple/iOS PCs and laptops, mobile devices, printers, and basic networking support.
1) Support & Operations
2) Consultation & Solutions
- Advanced media support (at point-of-need, over the phone, and via email) for students, faculty, and staff. Support issues include: complex setup of media for classroom/meeting space/event; resolving media equipment and configuration problems; and checking-in/out of media equipment.
- Advanced technical support (in-person walk-up, over the phone, and email) for faculty, staff, and students. Support issues include: complex break-fix; service requests; check-in/out of desktop and mobile computing equipment; printer resolution; application access; how-to consulting on software packages, login/access issues, malware removal and mobile device support.
- Technical documentation. Creating and updating knowledge base documentation. Improve searching for content through tagging and association. Prepares end-user how-to documentation on embedded media/AV equipment and solutions.
- Train and mentor junior, part-time support staff on technology, equipment, systems, operations, and procedures; also delivers end-user training.
- Coordinate and participate in event setup and support as required. Periodic events require non-business hours shift work (e.g. commencement, orientation, executive conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Work closely with Simmons College departmental clients to ensure their needs are met through consulting, operations, and support. Ensures high profile and executive level events are effectively planned and supported.
- Participate in design and implementation of AV/Media systems to ensure alignment with faculty, staff, and student needs.
- Participate in project work as required, including non-business hour deployments and support (e.g. periodic nights and weekends).
- Research and recommend equipment and application purchases for directly for customers as well as for wider potential use at Simmons.
- Bachelor's degree in IT/IS related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience customer service either in person or over the phone.
- 3+ years of experience supporting AV and VTC systems.
- Experience supporting multimedia, classroom, or special event technology.
- Experience installing and configuring Windows and Mac OS X Operating Systems.
- Experience documenting technical information for support knowledge base.
- Advanced knowledge of Macintosh (Mac OSX), Microsoft Windows, Intel-based PC computers, network, and graphics software packages including, but not limited to, MS desktop office suites, scientific applications, browsers, Google Apps and anti-virus software.
- Understanding of common network protocols like DHCP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP.
- Proficient with mobile computing solution support, integration and configuration (Smartphones, tablets, Android, iOS, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Experience with Active / Open Directory and Windows Security.
- Understanding of fundamental security principles, and implementation.
- Experience implementing small to medium-sized IT or media/AV related projects.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems (e.g Cherwell, ServiceNow, Heat, FootPrints, etc).
- Experience designing, setting up, and operating large outdoor PA systems, H.323 video conferencing, or audio conferencing/discussion system for 50+ participants.
- Experience in a higher education or desk side (in person) support environment.
- ITIL Foundations Certification and ACMT are preferred.
Must be available to work 8 hour shift between 7am-7pm M-F. Occasional weekend and overtime is required during peak periods (e.g. semester start up).
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Technology-Support-Analyst_R05823
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |