Collectively, the faculty in the Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology address problems related to the genetics and molecular functions of microorganisms that are relevant to infection and health world-wide. Just as importantly, we strive to provide a welcoming and supportive environment for our faculty, students, postdoctoral trainees, and staff.
This position sits in the Linden Hu Lab, working at the forefront of discovery research. Hu lab uncovers novel autoantibodies in Borrelia-infected individuals, possibly paving the way for better diagnosis of Lyme Disease. Learn more about Dr. Hu's research.
What You'll Do
The Research Assistant in the Linden Hu Lab works in independently performing a wide range of specialized techniques and experiments and collaborates with PI to provide input into research design.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency in mouse care, mouse handling and experimentation
- Develops research study design, techniques, and protocols in collaboration with Principal Investigator
- Reviews results and suggests modifications to experiments and protocols where necessary
- Analyzes data, interprets results and assists in writing materials for publication and presentation Performs advanced procedures such as DNA sequencing and molecular biology techniques
- Provides work direction to others in the laboratory and helps manage laboratory operations
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired by completion of a Bachelor’s degree in science and 3+ years of related laboratory experience OR a Master’s degree and up to one year of laboratory experience
- Significant experience in working with mice and infectious agents
- Knowledge of and experience with advanced laboratory techniques and procedures, data interpretation and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with microbial or host genetics/omics and the ability to analyze such datasets
- Master’s degree in immunology, microbiology, or a related field
- Experience with gene perturbation (siRNA/CRISPR)
Minimum $46,700.00, Midpoint $58,450.00, Maximum $70,200.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.