Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Front Desk Administrator (7376U) 1733 - 1733
University of California, Berkeley
Front Desk Administrator (7376U) 1733 - 1733
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 8, 2019.
The Innovative Genomics Institute (IGI) is a partnership between the University of California, Berkeley and the University of California, San Francisco. Combining the fundamental research expertise and the biomedical talent at UCB and UCSF, the IGI focuses on unraveling the mechanisms underlying CRISPR-based genome editing and applying this technology to develop and deploy genome engineering to cure disease, ensure food security, and sustain the environment for current and future generations. To complement this work, the IGI puts special emphasis on education about the scientific and societal implications of genome engineering. These efforts encourage public engagement and help guide regulatory decision-making.
This position reports to the IGIB Facilities Manager and is the first point of contact and front-line representative interfacing with visitors and internal entities alike. The incumbent will provide customer service at an exceptional level for all visitors to the Innovative Genomics Institute.
The incumbent will assist with weekly seminar series and occasional weekend and evening IGI events. They will provide support to IGI staff, event speakers, donors, campus officials, film crews, colleagues and guests in advance of and on-site at events, including room reservations, a/v, catering/refreshments, building access, parking, and making sure that facilities and equipment are stocked and working properly.
- Assists with weekly seminar series and occasional weekend and evening events. Provides support to event speakers, donors, campus officials, colleagues and guests in advance of and on-site at events, including room reservations, a/v, catering/refreshments, as needed.
- Oversees space and resource reservation management calendars for all building conference rooms and guest offices. Coordinates daily activities, resolves scheduling issues including sensitive and complex conflicts, reserves rooms; updates departmental and university calendars. Works directly with building manager to direct appropriate arrangements and room set-up for IGI and building-wide events.
- Coordinates logistics with campus and off campus vendors, volunteers, and staff. Maintains effective and ongoing relationships with vendors, campus departments, colleagues, and other constituents.
- Ensures that all aspects of entertainment are in compliance with UC policies and procedures, follows up to ensure that vendors and service providers receive payments in a timely manner.
- Monitors external area and requests for services as needed (grounds keeping, UCPD, Gardening, etc).
- Manages guest parking passes and visitor badges. Responsible for short-term card keys, parking permits; maintain usage log, place orders and reconcile records.
- Assists with special projects and/or administrative assignments
- Places routine orders using the best and most expedient method (e.g., via Shared Services, BearBuy, purchasing card, etc.) to replenish standard supplies.
- Assists with airline reservations, lodging, ground transportation, parking, room arrangements, etc. for participants/special guests.
- Processes travel and entertainment reimbursements in support of the department's events, includes payment of meal and lodging invoices for seminar hosts and speakers. Track all related payments/reimbursements to ensure timely payment of expenses.
- Oversees inventory of office equipment and supplies and determines ongoing inventory needs, orders supplies and verifies receipt of supplies.
- Maintains kitchen area, keeping it organized and supplied.
- Maintains common areas and ensure resources are identified and allocated to maximize accessibility and functionality.
- Coordinates with campus support units on maintenance and other services such as IT and Mail.
- Acts as the initial point of contact for visitors and e-based inquiries.
- Orients guests and visitors with resources necessary to provide efficient and necessary levels of support and/or assistance.
- Directs all physical and electronic inquiries for and visitors to the Innovative Genomics Institute, and provides customer service at an exceptional level.
- Appropriately responds to or routes telephone, in-person and e-mail inquiries
- Administers and moderates Institute's email listservs. Ensures listservs are accurate and up-to-date.
- Advertises seminars by helping to prepare and distribute communications or seminar announcements (electronically and by posting flyers).
- Coordinates with building manager to maintain current building directory and access Assists with maintenance of building-wide photo boards
- Assists in the distribution of large mailings and other publication materials
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Working knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1733&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |