The Office of International Enrollment Management at the University at Buffalo (SUNY) invites applications for the position of Assistant Director, International Student Recruitment.
Position responsibilities include:
- Participating in the development and ongoing evaluation of a strategic plan designed to recruit and enroll prospective international students for the University at Buffalo.
- Serving as an international student recruiter, including traveling extensively to represent the university at overseas and domestic international student recruitment events.
- Specializing in recruiting students primarily from China, including representing the University at Buffalo at applicable student recruitment and recruitment yield events. Related responsibilities include cultivating and managing relationships with Chinese feeder schools, with student guidance and career counselors, and with reputable education consultants in the U.S. and China.
- Following-up proactively on contacts made with individual prospective students, their representatives, and others to respond to inquiries and to further the University at Buffalo’s student enrollment goals.
- Developing and implementing strategic communication efforts, and participating in marketing and promotional activities to effectively promote the University to prospective students, with focus on prospective students from China, and their representatives.
- Serving as a liaison with applicable international partners and governmental and international agencies.
- Liaising with university departments and staff to disseminate information on international student recruitment activities; serving as an advocate for prospective international students within the university; helping analyze data and preparing related reports. Duties may also include reviewing and applications for university admission during peak processing periods, and making admissions decisions.
Offering over 300 undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs, the University at Buffalo (UB) has the distinction of being one of the nation’s Top 25 institutions hosting international students. A premier research-intensive public university, UB has the distinction of being a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU) and is SUNY’s most comprehensive public university.
The university seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the university. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
Bachelor’s degree. Two years of experience in international student recruitment or admissions.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in international environments and with individuals from multiple national, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds. The ability to make effective presentations in large and small group settings, and virtually.
Fluency in Mandarin Chinese, and an understanding of the Chinese educational system.
A demonstrated understanding of typical international undergraduate and graduate application procedures in a US higher education environment.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office technologies, and a demonstrated ability to learn and use new technologies, such as social media technologies, or new computer applications.
This position will be based in Buffalo, NY. The duties of this position require a valid Passport or the ability to obtain one prior to travel; and the ability to obtain travel visas for countries visited by the University at Buffalo, if regularly available to US visitors. This position also involves regional travel. A valid license to operate a motor vehicle is preferred, or candidate should otherwise demonstrate his/her capacity to meet the transportation needs of the position.
Position incumbents must be able to work non-standard (evening and weekend) hours.
Master’s degree. Five years’ experience in a directly related field, such as in international student recruitment or admissions.
Experience using Slate or a similar CRM tool
Familiarity with U.S. immigration regulations governing the enrollment of international students. Experience studying or working internationally.