The faculty in Molecular Biology and Microbiology (MBM) at Tufts University School of Medicine are united by a common interest in addressing problems related to the genetics and molecular functions of microorganisms that are relevant to infection and health world-wide.
This position is in the Aldridge Lab . The Bree Aldridge Lab develops quantitative methods to study tuberculosis and complex cell behaviors. We are currently recruiting passionate research scientists with strong backgrounds in quantitative science or engineering and experimental biology.
What You'll Do
A primary mission in the lab is to offer interdisciplinary training to our lab members. This position serves as a unique training ground for those seeking to gain research experience utilizing multiple approaches including quantitative cell biology, imaging, and computational modeling.
- Uses computational modelling and machine learning techniques to interpret data
- Develops and modifies techniques and protocols
- Provides input into research and analysis design
- Performs a wide range of specialized analysis and mathematical modeling techniques
- Analyzes data, interprets results and assists in writing materials for publication and presentation
- Assists in managing laboratory analysis operations
- Provides work direction to others in the laboratory
What We're Looking For
*** PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION ***
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by a Bachelor's degree in science or engineering and 3+ years of related laboratory experience OR Master's degree and up to 1 year laboratory experience
- Statistical/quantitative analysis and computation is required
- Skilled in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Our data-driven modeling requires use and development of custom code. Therefore, the strongest candidates will have computer programming and quantitative analysis skills
- Consistent attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills are critical
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Occasional need to work beyond regular work hours, holidays, or weekends, as experiments demand
Minimum $46,700.00, Midpoint $58,450.00, Maximum $70,200.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.