Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Office Manager, Office of the Registrar
Stevens Institute of Technology
Office Manager, Office of the Registrar
The Office Manager, Office of the Registrar will be the central resource for the Office of the Registrar team and provide a full range of support on tasks and projects. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to exert initiative, independent judgment, and have a service-oriented attitude, while utilizing discretion and appropriate judgment regarding sensitive and/or confidential matters. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with incorporating technology into the office’s processes and learning new systems. This position will report to the Associate Registrar for Strategic Initiatives while also working closely with the University Registrar and associate registrars.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle priorities to ensure the Office of the Registrar daily operations are smooth, effective, and efficient
- Provide administrative office support, coordinate, and schedule meetings, provide office calendar management, order supplies, manage office phone/Zoom coverage and office hours/coverage.
- Manage the office communication plan according to the academic operation calendar and as needed.
- Coordinate the office calendar; schedule appointments, use judgment to resolve urgent requests and conflicts and delegate tasks to team members as needed and appropriate.
- Responsible for document management including mail dissemination
- Commitment to learning the Office of the Registrar functions and timelines to be able to effectively assist the office
- Assist team with onboarding new staff and student workers and maintain and update office’s onboarding materials
- Coordinate scanning and record retention of student record files
- Serve as a test coordinator of new Workday releases related to student records and enrollment working in collaboration with the team
- Assist with human resource needs, including the creation of requisitions in Workday, organizing candidate resumes and coordinating interviews, as needed
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other university offices to accomplish key tasks and responsibilities of the role.
- Answer and direct inquiries/emails to appropriate team contact/s and reply as appropriate and needed on behalf of the Office.
- With guidance from the team, update webpages; generate and proofread correspondence; prepare and distributes communications; maintain appropriate files and records.
- Anticipate upcoming deadlines and work with the team to prepare what is needed for deadlines
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience, preferably in higher education in a student facing position
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and other document management tools, OneDrive, and other solutions
- Workday and student information system experience preferred
- Strong computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands; respond with appropriate urgency to situations that arise and solve difficult problems proactively, efficiently and with diplomacy
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to accept direction on assignments and work with minimum supervision, building support from colleagues where applicable
- Maintain utmost confidentiality and discretion in all things, handling confidential and non-routine information with tact
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate well with both internal and external constituents at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate large and small projects through to completion
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiar with or willing to learn record retention policies; data privacy policies and procedures (FERPA) and other generally accepted AACRAO guidelines, federal, state, and regulatory requirements; academic policies and procedures.
Office of the Registrar
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |